Chapter 3

A continuous high pitched beep woke Krista. Her eyes struggled to open with the beaming lights above. Her voice felt like sand was shoved down her throat making a raspy sound come out. A glass solid was placed in her hand and smooth liquid was going down her throat. The lights dimmed and she soon was able to open her eyes. The foggy image was soon replaced with her parents and grandmother all looking down worriedly.  

  She sat up slowly but was pushed down by her father gently, and was kissed on the forehead. 

  "Hey sweety.." Her dad stroked her hair. 

Krista's mother came up and gently took her hand and ran her thumb back and forth. Her grandmother just stared at her from the end of the bed.

 "What happened?" Her mother gently asked. 

  The memories came rushing back fast, Krista closed her eyes and clenched her teeth, shaking her head back and forth. 

 "Can we at least have names?" Her father asked. 

  "Christian, Jake, Leonard." She choked, letting tears fall. 

  "I knew those boys were trouble." Her father mumbled, letting his hand drop away he made his way to the door. 

 Her mother also got up and went for the door, while they were talking her grandmother hadn't said a single word just pierced her with a stare. 

  "Come mother, we have to go to the police." Her father stood at the door, holding his wife's hand. Krista's grand -mother broke the stare and looked at Krista's father, nodding her head. She slowly walked over and out the door. 

  "We'll be back honey, just rest." Her mother smiled. They looked back one more time and closed the door. 

  Laying back down, raised slightly on her pillow Krista thought of the man in the cloak. Death. She saw Death and was mesmerized. His dark hair seemed to melt across his forehead. Small raindrops bent around him, avoiding his dark aurora. His eyes. They seemed to blaze brighter than any blue flame she had ever seen. Closing her eyes she began to descend back into sleep, until movement caught her eye. 

   He watched her with sharp eyes and wary movements, trying to not give away his watching. He moved around the room and sat down. The chair moved and fell. His breathing stopped and he went down with the chair, the hood of his cloak coming off, showing him in human form. 

  "Who's there?" She got up and looked around. Her eyes landing on him. With minutes ticking they both stared at each other, admiring, looking at each other with questioning gazes. 

  "It's you." She spoke.  

He got up and stood in the corner farthest from her. His eyes widened. This wasn't supposed to happen. He just needed to make sure she was alright. 

  She slowly got out of her bed, throwing the covers off herself her dainty feet touched the tile floor. She went to fall but Death broke his promise to himself and ran to catch her. She was light as she fell into his arms. She looked up and gazed into his eyes, she reached up and stroke his cheek with the back of her hand. He flinched away and looked down at her. He grabbed her soft hand and studied it. 

 He put his hand up against hers and looked at how big hers was compared to his. He engulfed hers with how big his was. He went to speak, opening his mouth but heard the door rattle. He looked up, breaking their eye contact. Slowly rising with her in his hands he placed her gently back on the bed. 

  "Come back tomorrow?" She grabbed his forearm so intensely it seemed her desperation leaked into him. He looked at the door and back at her and nodded his head. She smiled and he threw his cloak over his head, vanishing. 

  The doctor entered and smiled at Krista. 

 "Well hello Krista I'm Doctor Vapula." He smiled. 

 Krista smiled but heard Deaths warning. 

  "Get Away.." 

Scooting farther up her bed she tried putting as much distance away from her and the doctor. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n  I'm so sorry for not updating! Everything has been so hectic with school and traveling and i'm so sorry! It will be longer next time I promise.