Ch. 8: Last One Standing

~Did you think that I would surrender easily? Just like that, you were getting rid of me, is that the way you saw it all go down? I don't think, I don't think so~

Kiyomi's POV

I groaned, blinking away the darkness from behind my eyes. I felt sore, like that feeling you get after a day of physical exertion that you're unused to. It was uncomfortable, but not unbearably so. Just mildly annoying.

My eyes opened fully, allowing me to see exactly where I was. My body registered the softness of a bed under me, and the room I was in wasn't white, thankfully. It was a muted brown that was rather soothing for my tired eyes.

Now, question. Where am I?

I lifted my head up from the soft pillow underneath it and looked around the room more thoroughly. It was very bland. There were two chairs stacked in one corner, a table next to them, a single window which let some light in, and the door right across from the bed.

'Fen?' I questioned mentally, searching for a trace of the wolf in my head. 'Do you know what's going on?'

It was quiet for a few seconds, then Fenrir responded. 'You collapsed after your battle from pain, blood loss, and slight chakra overuse. Mostly the fact that you pulled a shuriken out of your stomach!'

I laughed a little. 'Yeah, cause it would have done more damage in me than out of me.'

'Maybe, but you also lost a lot of blood! Enough that you needed a transfusion,' Fenrir sounded pissed. 'You're lucky you're a type AB, because then it doesn't matter whose blood you get. But still! You need to be more careful with your blood! It belongs inside your body, not outside it!'

Sighing, I nodded. 'Okay, I'll try and be more careful. But I'm a ninja. Injuries come with the occupation.'

Fenrir huffed. 'I know. I just wish-' The wolf paused.

I frowned. 'Wish what?'

Fenrir shook his head. 'Nothing.' His tone ended the conversation. 'Now, your team made it through to the third round. Like in Konoha, it's being held a month from now. You've been out for about a day, so we've got plenty of time to go train some more.'

I nodded, stretching a little. I need to get up, I'm starting to get more sore from remaining in place for so long. 'Cool,' I replied as I slid out of bed, my feet touching the cold floor. There was a twinge of pain in my stomach, but I ignored it. Too much to do instead of worrying about some pain. 'What about the rest of my team?'

'Not sure,' Fenrir shrugged. 'I didn't really pay attention, but I think right now they're doing something with teamwork?'

'Wow, without me,' I muttered, noticing another door that apparently led to a small bathroom. 'Great teammates they are.'

'You have been unconscious,' Fenrir reminded me as I stripped and climbed into the shower. 'They probably didn't think you'd be waking up anytime soon, and didn't want to be held back.'

The warm water felt amazing against my sore body, and I stayed in a little longer than I normally would, chatting casually with Fen. But when my fingers started to wrinkle up, I knew it was time to get out. Don't want people to come in and see a giant pink raisin in the shower.

I dried off and dressed quickly in my normal clothes, which were thankfully laying folded on the stack of chairs in the first room. And they were cleaned and repaired, no rips or bloodstains to be seen. I grabbed my pouch, pulled my shoes on, and then headed out the door.