Ch. 29: Once In Every Lifetime

~Trust in your path, you've been chosen. Become your destiny. Lead and they will follow, your truth will set you free~

Kiyomi's POV

"... Would you consider dying together teamwork as well?" Madara asked lowly as he appeared out of the swirl in space, Black Zetsu in Obito's body behind him.

"Technically yes," I replied calmly, just as Sakura leapt at Madara. The black marks on her face were evidence of the power she inherited from Tsunade. But she wasn't able to make a single mark on Madara, as there was some kind of shield surrounding him.

'Get her out of there if you value her life!' Fen roared from inside my head, and I reacted immediately.

But Naruto was faster, and he grabbed Sakura around the waist just as they were all pushed back a good few yards. 'Fen, what was that?' I mentally asked as we all regrouped.

'One of Madara's shadows,' a different voice responded. Ahio. I was still getting used to having all five beasts in my head at once. 'There are currently four, and they're protecting him.'

'Well that's great,' I complained. Then Madara launched himself into the air and extended his arms. 'And now it's just getting even greater.' Multiple balls of earth were pulled from the ground and formed these giant meteorite-like objects in the air around him.

A thin film of light purple chakra formed in front of my good eye, and suddenly four black shapes took form around Madara. 'Use my eyes,' Ahio whispered. I mentally thanked him, and watched with Sakura and Kakashi as Naruto and Sasuke attacked the meteors.

A strange feeling washed over me then. A strange, and not pleasant feeling. I unconsciously looked up to the sky, and all five of the beasts and I together felt a sinking in our stomachs.

The moon was red, and had the comma markings of Madara's Sharingan.

'Shit.'

Next thing I knew, I was covered by a glowing purple thing. Sasuke's Susanoo, apparently. The rest of Team Seven was here as well.

"You can't go outside," Sasuke told Naruto seriously when it looked like the blond might try and break through the Susanoo. "Without the Susanoo as a shield you'd get affected by the Infinite Tsukiyomi same as the rest of them."

"But Madara's shadows are still outside!" Naruto protested. He looked worried as he stared through the purple walls. "Who knows how many people they're hurting now-!"

"Wait for a change," Sasuke was stoic in his answer.

"Sasuke-kun... what's going on?" Sakura asked. The black marks had faded from her face by now, but I'm sure she could still access them if necessary.

"You don't need to know." Asshole. "There's nothing you can do anyways."

'Ask if any of them need healing,' Salila hissed softly from my mind. The purple chakra from Ahio was still in front of my eyes, but I dispelled it quickly. No need to waste it. 'I will provide them aid.'

"-shut up," Sasuke was saying. "I'm directing here."

"Hey, any of you need healing?" I broke in, my hands already beginning to glow a dark teal color. The symbol on the bottom right point of the star on my shirt also began to shine the same color. "Salila says she's willing to help."

"No, be quiet," Sasuke ordered. I raised the eyebrow above my good eye. "You're just as weak as the rest of them-"

In a flash I was in front of him, easily accessing Seaiga's speed. "I'm offering to heal you, so don't take it lightly." My tone was light, but it wasn't hard to hear the dangerous undertone. "Don't be an ass."