Chapter 3

Rapunzel's POV

I woke up in the nurse's office, confused. What happened? Why am I here?

I looked to my right to face a worried Eugene. His eyes widened when he saw me turn, but his lips curved into a small smile.

"Rapunzel, are you feeling okay?" His voice cracked. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm-" I had to take a deep breath to finish my sentence. What was happening to me? "Fine. I'm fine." I finished. He gave me a look. A look telling me that he didn't believe me.

"Rapunzel, I'm gonna go get you lunch. I'll be right back." I grabbed his hand as he was about to walk away.

"No, no. I'm not hungry." I lied. My stomach made a noise, making to lie even more unbelievable.

"Rapunzel, you need to eat! Elsa told me about how you skip meals. You barely eat! Are you sick? Are you starving yourself? What's wrong?" His face was full of worry.

"I... have been skipping meals. I've been starving myself, okay? I'm sorry, Eugene." I finished with a deep breath.

"Rapunzel, why?" His eyes were rimmed with tears. I held his hand, rubbing my thumb across his palm.

"I don't know..." I barely whispered.

"I'm getting you lunch." He said while marching out of the door. I sighed in defeat.

Seconds later, Anna and Elsa barged into the room. My lips curved into a smile. They were talking. I rarely see them talk. They've stopped talking after their parents death.

"Rapunzel! Are you okay? What happened?" Anna asked, running to my side. Her eyes trailed over my body multiple times, making sure I was okay.

"I'm fine. I just passed out." I sighed.

"Rapunzel, your mom texted me. She wants to talk to you later, okay?" Elsa gulped. My eyes widened.

"About what?" I asked.

"Just something." Anna answered for her. Do they know?

"What is it?" My voice raised. I want to know.

"Rapunzel, calm down." Anna held my hand. I took a deep breath as Eugene walked back into the room. I sat up on the bed and Eugene handed me a tray that consisted of pizza, strawberries, apple juice, and a cookie. I smiled.

"Thanks, Eugene." He nodded, but he gave me a strange look.

"Punz, we need to talk later. Can you come over after school?" He asked. I nodded. I nibbled at the food slowly. Eugene was watching me closely as I ate.

"You don't need to watch me." I giggled. He nodded and turned to whisper something into Elsa's ear. I stared at them until they notice I was staring. I quickly looked away and finished eating. I threw the tray away and the bell rang.

"Nurse says you can go to your next class." Mrs. Ariel said, walking in.

"Thanks." The four of us said and we went to our next classes.

---------------After School-----------------

Eugene and I were 2 blocks away from his house. We were walking in silence. Not a comfortable silence, but an awkward one. I walked slowly with my head down and my arms hugging the heavy science book I needed for homework.

Eugene cleared his throat. "Let me hold that for you." He grabbed the book from my hand and tucked it in his backpack.

"Thanks." I mumbled quietly. We arrived at his house seconds later. We walked into his room. He didn't want his parents to talk to him, so he rushed us.

His parents weren't very nice. His mother was always at work and his father was an alcoholic. He rarely talks to them. He doesn't even eat dinner with them.

We sat on his bed and watched TV for about 10 minutes before I had enough courage to ask him what he wanted to talk about.

"Eugene?" My voice cracked.

"Yes, beautiful." I blushed. He's so sweet. I tried my best to hide my smile.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked. I noticed his face fell. He picked up my hands and looked me in the eye.

"Rapunzel, you need to stop starving yourself. It's not healthy. I don't care what Jack, Merida, or Kristoff say! You're not fat okay?" His eyes once again were rimmed with tears. I hugged him and nodded.

"Okay, Eugene. I'm sorry." I whispered as I cried into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair.

'He really cares about me?' I thought to my self. He's been my best friend for years. He makes me so happy...

Do I love him?

---------

A/N:

Hello my children! Did you like it? Did you hate it? What did you think

Sorry about the short chapter! The next one will be longer, I promise.

~~~