Chapter 2 | goodnight princess

semi-edited: 4.7.17

{ B R A D E N }

Great. Just great. 

Harley and his sister will be coming to live here soon. Great. I used to have a crush on Kayla, but that all stopped when Harley threatened he'll chop my balls off if I ever date her, so ever touch her. 

Harley has been my best friend since birth, and I trust him with my life when I made him beta. I totally forgot that Kayla is still living with him, because I haven't seen her since I moved away and became Alpha. 

While I'm finishing up some pack business, I hear a car horn. It must be Lincoln, a pack warrior who I sent to pick up Harley and Kayla. I take a deep breath and walk outside. I'm not nervous about Harley, hell, he was just here two weeks ago! Kayla on the other hand, might be a problem. 

When I get outside, Seth is helping Lincoln with bags, meanwhile Harley gets out with his sister right behind him. As soon as she steps out, a vanilla and chocolate scent hits me. I look over at Kayla and she looks....breathtaking. Her hair is in a simple messy bun, small pieces of hair framing her face, with her leggings showing off her long legs, and just...wow. I clear my throat and take a deep breath as I almost yelled mine, because of my wolf. He wants to claim her here and now. 

I walk up to Harley and do our handshake that we've had ever since we were little. Then my attention turns to Kayla, and then my wolf, Leo, starts screaming 'MATE!' over and over again. I guess Kayla's wolf did the same, because she cowered to the ground with her hand over her ears, and Harley and I are trying to calm her down. 

As soon as she gets up, she meets my gaze and I feel jolts. Oh how I just want to reach out and....Snap out of it!

"Kayla, it's nice to see you again." I say, Kayla nods slightly and blushes and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I clear my voice. 

"Well, welcome to the Full Moon pack house. The only people who live here, is well me, Britt and now you guys." I say and turn around and motions for them to follow. When they walked in, Kayla's jaw dropped. I stood to the side as they marvel my home. Then wanting to break the silence. 

"Like the view?" I said smirking. 

"Wow, way to act incompetent." Kayla said, rolling my eyes. Woah! Kayla using big words is kinda...hot. 

"Okay you two, I would like to sleep for days, so Braden, my man, where will I be sleeping?" Harley asked, patting me on the back. 

I roll my eyes, "Harley your room is up the stairs, first door on the left, and Kayla your room is the first door on the right. Right across from each other." I say that and leave to my office to send out some quick pack business. 

I sit in my chair and put my hands in my hair. Ugh. Seriously? the one person who was not supposed to be my mate, is my mate? Harley is gonna kill me...but I have to tell him, right? I get up from my desk and try and find Kayla. She is standing in the doorway of her room, with her jaw dropped. She seemed to do that a lot lately. I grin at the thought. 

"I had one of my friends, Hallie, decorate your room for you." I whisper in her ear, scaring her in the process. I grin at her, knowing the affect I have on her. 

"Um, uh thanks-s I guess." She stutters out. I quickly leave, as I have to introduce my new beta, and well Luna too. But that is not going to happen for a while. I Introduce Harley to some of the council, and I feel two pairs of eyes on me. As much as I want to look, I can't. 

FEW HOURS LATER:

"Um, I'm sorry, but are you supposed to be out here?" Kayla asks me. I slowly turn around to look at her. She gasped. Damn...She is beautiful....Snap out of it! 

"Braden? What are you doing out here?" She asks, with confusion. 

"I knew you would find this place eventually. I made this for myself as an escape area to clear my mind." He says, pointing to where he came from, "and when you and Harley were coming, I decided to make one for you to, because you were always the quiet, mysterious and curious one when we were younger." I reply.

She scowls at me. SHe quietly came and sat by me. I hated to tell her this, but I had to. Harley's words repeating in my head. "We can't tell Harley." I told her. I didn't need to look over to see that those words hurt her. Damn it! I don't want to hurt her!  I feel her eyes on the side of my head. "What are you talking about?" She asks. Her mind is reeling with different possibilities and fears. I can tell by her biting her lip. Kiss those lips....

"He can't know about us being mates. He said if I ever went out with you, he would cut my balls off."  I keep a straight face, trying very hard to restrain myself from getting to close to her. "Whatever." And with that she gets up, sniffling. Damn it! 

After she went to bed, my wolf was nagging me to go and check up on her. I cautiously stood outside her door, wondering if I should or not. Eventually my wolf wouldn't calm down if I didn't so I quietly opened the door. I stood by the door for a little bit, just admiring her. I slowly walk up to her sleeping figure and press a kiss on her forehead, lips lingering a little longer.

"Goodnight Princess" 

And with that, I quickly and quietly slipped out of the room. 

This is going to be hard. 

•••

A/N: EDITING  BOOK IN PROGRESS

p.s ship names for them?(Brayla or Kaylen) comment ones you think are good ones, and you could get a shoutout! 

s ship names for them?(Brayla or Kaylen) comment ones you think are good ones, and you could get a shoutout!