Chapter 4 | say you're sorry

*semi-edited: 5.23.17 

{ B R A D E N }

Dang it! This is bad, this is really bad. I go back to my office where my 'flavor of the month'  is according to Harley. I think its either Wendy or Wanda. Well whoever is there. I walk straight in and head towards my sofa. I messed up big time. My wolf wants to go after her, make sure she is safe and doesn't get lost. 

While I'm thinking of an idea, Wanda I think, is running her hands all over my body and kissing my neck. "Braden, what the hell did you do!" Harley comes barging in here, yelling at me again. "She could have gotten lost dude! She doesn't know our territory!" 

My head shot up. She doesn't know the territory! She could cross into another pack and they might think she's rogue! The thought of my mate dead, sent my wolf into a frenzy. I get up and start beating up my walls, trashing my office. Harley knows not to interfere, or else he will regret it. 

"Wanda, get out!" Harley yells at her, she leans her head down in submission to him and leaves. At least I got her name right. Soon my wolf resurfaces and I shift into my wolf right then and there in my office and bolt out to find Kayla. I soon smell Harley hot on my tail, sniffing her out. I soon smell her by a small lake nearby, thankfully still in our territory. I soon spot her, drained and sick? I can tell she has a small cold, since its night time and little cooler outside. 

She is sitting by the small lake, with her knees drawn to her chest, her ponytail a little messy, and her face reflected off the lake is pale with puffy eyes. It hurt me and my wolf to see her like that, because all we want for is for her to be happy. 

"Kayla." I whisper, walking towards her slowly. She turns her head around at this and her eyes go wide when she sees its me. She stands up and backs away slowly. 

"Kayla, calm down." I try to sooth her. I sit down on the ground, "come sit here by me." She eyes it for a minute before she comes and sits a little ways away from me. My wolf is itching to be let out and comfort her, but she is a little shaken up so I won't. 

Harley left me with her, because he is scared my wolf will surface and a possesive Alpha with his unmated alpha female and with a unmated male is not a good mix. 

"Kayla, look I'm sorry. Okay? is that what you want?" I say, desperate for her to say something. She still doesn't say anything. "I have no idea what I'm doing, because I never wanted a mate!" I wave my hands around exasperatedly, and hang my head back. 

I didn't even notice Kayla sneaking away, but before she could escape, I caught her around her waist. 

"I get it! You don't want a mate! So then you don't want me!" She says wailing and sobbing. After a few minutes of her sobs turning into hiccups, I grab her chin and cup her face, and crash my lips to hers. 

They send electricity through my veins as she finally complies. I ask for entrance, which she granted and then I trail hot kisses down her jaw and onto her neck. Soon finding her sweet spot and kissing the spot where I could mark her and tell all the other non-mated males to back off. 

I nibble on her sweet spot for a little while longer until there is for sure a love bite. I stop and look into her eyes. I'm trying really really hard to restrain my wolf from marking her, something she will probably not be happy with if I do it. 

She nods her head, probably knowing my internal battle, and leans her head sideways for more access. I lick her sweet spot, earning a moan from her and sink my teeth in. 

As soon as I did, I lick it clean and cradle her in my arms. She was soon falling asleep, so I carried her all the back to the pack house. 

I take her with me to my room because now that I marked her, heat should be coming soon and I don't want her leaving anytime soon. I could feel myself becoming more possessive about her.