Chapter 5 | love your enemies

*semi-edited: 5.23.17

{ K A Y L A } 

My head is pounding! What the hell happened? I groan and try to sit up.

"Babe! Don't sit up!" I hear a voice to my right yell, hurting my head all over again. Do I have a hangover? I don't remember getting drunk...

"Shut up!" I say, still clutching my head. I feel the bed dip down, and someone sit right next to me. Compare to the sparks that just went up my leg when they very lightly grazed my leg with their finger. I shivered under the touch, and realized soon enough that it was Braden.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." He whispered in my ear. I finally have the courage to open my eyes, expecting the bright light and dullness from hospital rooms. But boy was I wrong! We were in..Braden's room?

I sit up a little more, with the help of Braden, and get comfortable. I sigh as I take in my surroundings.

"What happened?" I ask, but it was barely above a whisper. Before Braden has a chance to respond, Harley comes barging in the door, without knocking first.

Rude.

I may be sick, but I would still like etiquette.

"KAYLA!!! What happened? Are you okay? Do you need the pack doctor again?" Harley rambled, mostly to himself.

"Harley, I'm fine. Now, what in the world happened?" I yell, exasperated for the answer. Braden and Harley nervously make eye contact, but was broken as a nurse came in. She quickly dropped off some food, and toiletries and then left. The air in the room was tense, and it took no genius to figure it out.

"Um, well you fainted. The doctor said it was from fatigue." Harley said, clearing his throat after and avoiding eye contact with me. Harley is such a terrible liar. He always bites his lip.

"You're lying." I glare at Harley. His face pales, knowing he's been caught. I suddenly remember what happened. I passed out because of that day. No one knows I have nightmares or memories which make my knees buckle in fear.

"What happened, love? Please tell me." Braden says, scooting his chair closer so we were having some sort of staring contest. His eyes pleading for me to tell him.

"I-I had a memory of the day the pack was attacked." I whispered, looking down at my folded hands on my lap. The atmosphere in the room got extremely suffocating.

Braden got up and left. I look up at Harley in confusion, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

Wow you're a lot of help, Harley.

I was about to get up to follow Braden, but Harley stops me and insists I rest and he will get Braden back. I finally agree, only because sleep was soon taking over me.

••

{ B R A D E N } 

3 1/2 hours.

That is how long it took for Kayla to wake up. It was starting to really scare me. 3 1/2 excruciating hours.

Almost going on 4 hours, she woke up, gasping for air. Holding her head in place, I go towards her and touch her leg. She sighs in relief and so do I. She looks around the room, soon recognizing her surroundings and soon her gaze falls on me. Her green eyes pierce my own, and it feels as if she can see my soul and my past. My past is something you wouldn't want to know about.

She tries to sit up, but it'll just cause her more pain.

"Babe don't sit up!" I exclaim, extending my arms for her safety. She cups her ears as if she heard a piercing sound wafting through the air. "Shut up!" She says. Oh, right. Since she blacked out, hearing is a little sensitive at first.

I get up and sit down on her bed, and graze my hand over her nude leg. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I whispered in her ear. She opened her eyes and looked around her room. I then kind of clean up around her, fix her pillows and blanket and help her get situated better.

Her voice breaks the silence. "What happened?" She said, her voice hoarse and barely heard. Just as I was about to tell her, Harley comes barging through without knocking. Really?

"KAYLA!!! What happened? Are you okay? Do you need the pack doctor again?" Harley rambled, mostly to himself. I roll my eyes at this. Man up dude!

"Harley, I'm fine. Now, what in the world happened?" Kayla yells, waiting for an answer. Harley and I nervously make eye contact, but was broken as a nurse came in. She quickly dropped off some food, and toiletries and then left. The air in the room was tense, and it took no genius to figure it out.

"Um, well you fainted. The doctor said it was from fatigue." Harley said, clearing his throat after and avoiding eye contact with Kayla. Harley is such a terrible liar. His eyes are traveling around the room. "You're lying." Kayla glares at Harley. His face pales, knowing he's been caught. Kayla's face suddenly pales. I think she remembers. I glance at Harley, but he is looking down at the floor.

"What happened, love? Please tell me." I coo, scooting my chair closer so we were closer together.

"I-I had a memory of the day my old pack was attacked." Kayla whispered, looking down at her folded hands. The atmosphere in the room got extremely suffocating.

I got up and left. I can feel my wolf starting to surface. I head to my office and in less than minutes, everything is turned upside down, or broken. Harley is standing in the doorway with a smug look on his face that I want to punch off him. Someone hurt my Kayla.

All I see is red, as I leave the pack house. Knowing I shouldn't leave Kayla alone, I mind-link some of my closet guards.

Stand outside Kayla and my room. Do not go in, or stray away from that door until I say. Only Harley or Lisa or the pack doctor. Understood?

John, one of my good guards, responded within seconds. I hate to take him away from his mate and family but they do anything for their Luna. I smile at that. Kayla is their new Luna. My smile is soon replaced by the familiar scowl.

I soon shifted in the air, and bounded to a place Kayla would kill me for going back.

Her old pack.

••

semi editing !!! :)