Chapter 10 | in-body sauna?

*not edited, xoxo this one is for you guys :)) also happy fourth of july weekend! <3

Kayla

I woke up with a start. warmth spread all over my body, from my toes to my finger tips burning all over. I groan from the pain. Braden shot up in alarm, and looked around the room until his landed on me.

We both look at each other and think the same thing. Heat.

I hear him mutter an "oh", and get up from the bed. He paces the room trying to think of an idea, while I'm rolling around from the pain. Everything is too hot! Suddenly, I rip the sheets off of me. Still too hot! I start ripping my clothes off, but two hands stop me.

"If you do that, it will do neither of us no good." He said. He picks me up carefully, but his touch keeps the heat away. I moan at not having the pain of heat flowing through every vein in my body.

"Princess, please don't moan right now. It won't do any of us justice." He says huskily. He carefully sets me down on the side of the tub and takes off my clothes. He then sets me in the cold tub. I moan at the coolness of the water.

He quickly leaves and the heat comes back in full swing. Each wave of heat worse than the other. Braden quickly rushes back into the room carrying fresh clothes for me. He drops them and crouches right next to me by the tub.

He slowly strokes my cheek. "There is only one way to take it all away, but I won't pressure you."

I lean into his hand, and close my eyes. The heat gone for only a short amount of time. The last thing I remember was drifting to sleep.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Braden

She falls asleep in a cold tub, leaning on my hand. I poke her side gently to wake her up. She doesn't wake up. I start freaking out. I quickly get her out of the tub and put the clothes on her. My heart is beating so fast. What if heat took over her body? What if... 'Shut up and bring our mate to the pack doctor!'  My wolf yells at me.

I quickly run to the pack doctor down the stairs. I put the pack doctor in the pack house, and I know think it was a good idea.

"Cade! Where are you man?" I yell in the office. Cade, the pack doctor, comes rushing out. "Oh Alpha! What a nice sur-" He starts. He then realizes his Luna in my arms, unconscious. He quickly ushers me to an exam room.

He examines her quickly, by touching her and my wolf is complaining in my head that she is our mate blah blah blah. I cut him off, and continue to watch Cade, because I trust him. He already has a mate and one pup on the way. 

He ushers me out to the hall, explaining its going to be painful watching my mate and blah blah blah. I immediately mind link Eric and Lisa and tell them that Kayla is in the hospital. I already mind linked Harley, and he is on his way here.

They all barge in and join me on the uncomfortable waiting chairs. Cade walks back in the waiting room. Everyone stands up behind me.

"Alpha, may I please speak to you alone." He says. I tried to read his face, but he is emotionless. I follow him to the exam room, which held my unconscious mate. She is pale, and un-lively like how she normally is.

"Her wolf is not helping her heal. Her body might give up." He said sadly. I could tell he doesn't like seeing his almost dead Luna. It is ingrained for the pack to protect their Luna with everything they have.

All of the sudden, the heart monitor stop all completely.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •