Chapter 8

Germany' fingers trembled as he typed in Saffron's number. This was ridiculous! What was he afraid of? Why did this simple act frighten him more then facing a world meeting with food cooked by Britain, to the point he wanted to pull an Italy and run and hide. He half cosided giving up this endever but he would not allow himself to. He had faced down war's for heaven sake, calling one girl wasn't going to kill him.

Germany typed in the last few digits and waited.

"Hello," she answered on the second ring.

Germany was silent, he had no idea what to say.

"Hello?" she said again. "Hello? Germany, I know its you. If you're not going to talk I will hang up... I will do it. Don't test me. I'm going to hang up. Yes I am, yes I am, yes I am, yes I am! Are you still there?"

Germany found himself smiling as Saffron rambled on, basically having an argument with herself. This went on for around ten minuets until Germany had to go back to work.

"Saffron. It vas good talking to you but I have to go back to vork."

"Ah, so you are there!" she said and Germany could hear her smile. "You should have said something. I thought this was just a pocket call and I was talking to your ass."

Germany chuckled heartily.

"I think that's the first time I've heard you laugh," commented Saffron.

And so the conversation flowed, as Germany continued on with his work, each telling each other cheesy jokes, trying to get the other to crack up. Oddly enough, Germany's work was better then usual and he finished quicker.