5. His Lethal Temptation

Authors Nag:  (((( Lame Joke Time!)

Author: There are two tacos who are friends. One day the tacos have a fight.

Taco 1: Come on! Can't we just taco 'bout it!

Taco 2: No! I'm nacho friend!

Hahahaha!! Now thats funny huh? Huh?!

Reader: *facepalm* )))))

»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»*»

Tristan Starkz POV:

"Trixy did this?" he asked. His rather quite but strong voice breaking through the silence of the room. His tone might have been calm and composed but even from across the room, sitting on the bed; I could pick the small details in his voice and know he was angry. My head fell in my arms as my elbows came to rest on my knees.

    But I couldn't join him in his anger towards that little brat. I was more furious at myself than anyone else. I had been careless and rash. Not to mention ignorant. Completely neglecting my responsibilities and instead chasing after what was impossible. What was lethal for us both and yet so alluring.

     My eyes fell to the girl on the bed. She was sound asleep on her side, her knees pulled up to her chest. Her long curls of caramel and sweet chocolate, seemed to glow in the fait light streaming through the opened window. Tumbling in waves around her small yet so fragile frame.

Long full lashes fanned over high cheekbones. A tint of pink flush on her cheeks accenting her flawless light skin tone. My eyes moved down to those soft pink lips that were partially opened as hushed breaths were taken in and out.

     The image was so breathtakingly beautiful, it was almost surreal. I reached out a hand towards her, just a touch of this perfect creature that always seemed so close but yet so forbidden.

My fingers are so close that I could feel the heat radiating off her. And yet I freeze, afraid the slightest disturbance of this angelic beauty before me, would make her vanish. Away from me yet again.

     My eyes move down to the blue and purple bruises quickly forming on her neck in the fait shape of fingers. I feel my anger rave and the familiar darkness begin crawling to the surface. The mere thought that someone would dare to hurt her had me shaking with fury.

"I can heal her." His voice came from behind snapping me out of my raging state. My hand closed into a fist as I returned it back to my side. I'd let my guard down and he had sensed some of my thoughts. But the darkness within me didn't want him anywhere next to her.

It didn't want anyone touching her but me.

    "She's strong. She doesn't need your help" I say my tone hinting the double meaning to my words. He didn't say anything for a couple minutes of silence.

"You can't keep playing knight in shining armor... It's time."

     "No. She's not ready" I say pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It's been long enough. If Trixy can strike an attack, what's to stop others? It's time to-"

       "Not yet!" My voice came out sounding firm and laced with anger. I instantly regret my possessive tone and groaned knowing he hadn't missed it either.

"Careful there. I'm starting to wonder who isn't ready." His voice was as neutral as ever but I could hear the warning in his words.

I'd gotten too close.