Onze

Jared woke up when he heard a familiar tune being played on the piano. Ondine sat behind her piano playing her favorite piece from her childhood, Beethoven's 'Fur Elise'. She played it softly, not wanting to disturb her neighbors at 6:30 in the morning, but loud enough for Jared to wake up, which was exactly what she intended to do. Jared sat up on the couch, letting the blanket drape off his body. He rubbed his face with his hands then just sat with his elbows on his knees, enjoying the free show. When she finished, Jared broke into a slow clap. Ondine faced him with a smile on her face, a smile that was mirrored on Jared's face.

"Yes! It worked!"

"I'm awake! I'm awake!" Jared laughed. "What time is it?"

"6:30. You go ahead and take a shower first. I'll make us some breakfast. I hope oatmeal and bananas are okay? In fairness to me, I will actually cook the oatmeal on the stove top," she said proudly.

"Yeah, it's fine," Jared stood up and gave Ondine a peek at his abs, doing it on purpose, scratching his belly for full effect. He grinned when he saw her staring, and he walked over to her, and gave her a hug. "How was your sleep?"

"It was wonderful. And yours?"

"Meh."

"Oh no. Does your back hurt?" she asked him worriedly. "You can sleep on my bed tonight. I'm used to sleeping on a couch, especially my time at Shey's after my mugging, so I can take the couch, don't worry about it."

"Babe, stop. I'm not complaining. I just wish I had someone to hug..."

"I'll give you an extra pillow then," she smiled wickedly at him.

"Okay, a pillow...for now," he said to her with a smile. He leaned in, his face inching closer and closer to hers.

"Go take a shower, Jay," she poked his side to stop him.

He just noticed that she was already dressed, but her hair remained in a ponytail and had no make up on yet. She wore a blush pink lace skater dress with a peter pan collar, three quarter sleeves, and a skirt that ended up just above the knee. She was still barefoot, the top of her head fit snugly beneath his chin.

"What time do we leave?"

"Aiden's picking us up at 8, so you better get a move on."

"Okay, okay, 30 more seconds," he squeezed her tight and then got his towel and headed to the restroom.

He came out half an hour later fully dressed in gray slacks and a blue striped dress shirt. He wore polished black slip ons on his feet, his hair gelled, his face clean shaven. He sat down just as she turned the stove off. She scooped oatmeal into two bowls, placed some sliced bananas and flaxseed on top before drizzling both bowls with honey. She placed one bowl in front of him, then went back to the fridge to get the carton of vanilla almond milk out. She poured some into his glass before pouring herself a glass as well.

"Cheers!" she raised up her glass and he clinked his with hers.

Jared took a bite of his oatmeal and chewed deliberately. He smiled at her with a full mouth. He swallowed before he spoke.

"This is super good, Ames. Thank you."

"Thanks. I'm glad you like it."

They ate in good companionship, talking about the most random things. Jared offered to do the dishes so Ondine could finish getting ready. She came out of her room with her hair curled and set, her make up light, only accentuating her natural beauty, and her feet now clad in nude T-strap high heeled sandals.