22

A L Y S S A

I decided that it will be a good idea to sleep in a little bit. Right now, it's only 11 in the morning. I pushed the comforter off from my body and walked into the bathroom.

I walked back into my room and sat on  my desk chair. Through out my whole summer, I've been writing a lot of songs in my notebook. I picked up my guitar and starts trying out the chords for the song. Once i'm done with the chords, I started sampling some piano pieces.

I finished sampling the piano pieces and getting the chords that I need. I jotted everything down in my notebook and played the finished product.

I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small
Though I try to resist I still want it all

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

I ended the song and I can say that i'm mesmerised by my work. Wow that's a little narcissistic of me. I put my guitar down before rummaging through the stuffs that I had bought yesterday.

While the other girls was busy shopping at some clothes store, I sneaked into a recording shop and bought a recording microphone, microphone equipment, a dslr camera and a tripod. When i'm still in the orphanage, I used to have a music channel on YouTube. I used to posts song covers or guitar covers if I got the time.

I immediately turned my iMac on and searched on YouTube for my old channel. My channel quickly pops up and I clicked on the profile. I had around 2,000 subscribers before I stopped making videos in late 2012.

AlyssaRoseMusic

I have to start making videos again.

But before that, I have to make myself look presentable for the youtube community to see.

I pulled the dslr out from the box and starting setting it up. I shoved the SD card into the SD card slot and screw the camera on the carbon fibre tripod. I place the camera behind of my keyboard, in front of the big window to get some natural lighting. I connected the recording mic and put the jack into the microphone port in the camera.  I connected the studio mic to the mic stand before I started recording the song.

"Hey guys, I'm Alyssa Rose and this is a song that I wrote for you guys," I said into the camera. I took a deep breath and started playing the first notes to the song while singing the first verse.

I finished the song by playing the last notes and plastered a smile to my face.

"Thanks for watching!" I exclaimed before walking out from the camera frame. I decided to film another video which is a comeback introduction video.

"So hey everybody! Long time no see. As you guys might know, i'm Alyssa. Im 14 and I love music. I had made this channel a few years ago because of my passion for music. I decided to reuse this channel as a platform to share my music with you people. Also, on this channel, you will find covers, originals,
rants, motivational talks and maybe just plain,stupid videos. And i'll try to upload videos regularly. So yeah! I guess i'll see you guys next time. Bye guys!" I exclaimed before turning off the camera.

I put my recording equipment into the music corner of my room. My tummy started to growl for food. I just realised that i'm terribly hungry. I glanced at the clock and it's already 15 minutes past 12. Wow, I've been working for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I walked out from my bedroom.

"Hello?" I called from the top of the stairs. I assumed that everybody is out. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note from dad that was stuck by a magnet on the fridge.

Good morning child! I'm going to be at the studio for the whole day and mum will be out too. Feel free to invite Charlie over and don't invite boys over.

p/s: I left you donuts in the fridge.

Love,
Your awesome dad :)

I smiled before throwing the note away. I heat up the pan and made myself some bacon and eggs sandwich. I pour myself some apple juice and eat my meal while scrolling through my Twitter timeline. I haven't tweeted in a while.

AlyssaRoseW - good afternoon beautiful peoples ! Big stuff coming up soon !

I hit post and texted Charlie while I placed my dirty dish in the dishwasher

Aly - Charlene Alexandra Stump !

Seconds later, she replied

Charlie - May I help you Ms. Alyssa Rose Wentz ?

Aly - Where are you ?

Charlie - Just chillin' at home while listening to music.

Aly - I'm home alone and dad let me to have you over.

Charlie - I'll be there in a minute. I have to ask Elisa since Patrick is at the studio.

Charlie - I'm coming now, there better be donuts or i'll murder you.

Aly - Aight' boss.

I locked my phone and open the fridge. Like dad said, he usually left dozens of donuts in the fridge if i'm home alone since its my favorite dessert. I pulled out two boxes of assorted flavour donuts and put it on the coffee table in the living room.

I pulled out a bunch of movie selections from the shelf and put it on the coffee table for us to choose. I heard the doorbell rang. I ran towards the door and opened it. Charlie stood there holding copious amounts of chips and drinks.

We have decided to watch Mean Girls because why the fuck not? We stopped the movie halfway because throughout the whole movie, we kept talking about music. Luckily, Charlie brought her music filled notebook so, we decided to write music together.

"There's a music room in this house." I stated. "Can we use it?" She asks while tapping her knee. "I'll ask him," I said and pulled out my phone.

Alyssa - Dad? I hope i'm not bothering you. Can I use the music room? Me and Charlie want to write music and perhaps we can use the music instrument inside the room.

Pizza Dad - Yeah sure thing. Just don't thrash the room to wildly.

Alyssa - Yayyy! thank you.

Pizza Dad - Have fun Alyssa, I'll be back in a few hours.

I locked my phone and nodded at Charlie. I went to my room to grabbed my notebook leaving Charlie in the living room. I came back down stairs and we march to the music room. We started writing the melodies while getting music samples from the drums, guitar and the piano.

Needless to say, we spend the entire afternoon eating donuts, watching movies and writing music.

>>>>>>>>>>>

I've been slacking on update and I feel bad about it. Please dont be mad at me.

SOTD - Alphabet Boy - Melanie Martinez

I have nothing against her but I dont understand the obsession with her. Great song tho. I dance to the song lol

Keep reading ! Pm me or comment of you have any ideas for future chapters. I'll give credits to the users

peace!
hannah x