Chapter 1

From:  Claire Dearing

To: Rosie Phillips

Subject: Flight details and final issues

Hi Rosie,

Thank-you so much for agreeing at such late notice! I've attached your flight details and tickets to this email to print off and I just thought I'd run over some final details.

When you arrive on site, 4:45pm by my itinerary, report straight to the control room, show them the pass that is also attached to this email, and I will be waiting for you at 5pm, an hour after your flight lands. I will personally show you around after closing hours to try and not overwhelm you as much!
A few of your colleagues will most probably still be working and settling the raptors for bed: Barry, Hoskins and Owen. They're super friendly in their own ways, so you'll have no worries making friends.
Afterwards, I will show you to your accommodation and you will have some free time to settle in. Work will commence at 8am the next day, an hour before the park opens, with complimentary breakfast served from 6am in the employee cafeteria.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough for agreeing to help us monitor the raptors training progress- Mr Masrani and the whole of InGen are forever grateful.

Looking forward to finally meeting you!

Claire Dearing

Jurassic World Operations Director

I shut my laptop down and sighed with a smile. I looked around my empty apartment that I was quite frankly excited to be leaving. Its dark and dingy atmosphere with constant car honking down below on the sidewalk would not be hard to forget.

Tomorrow I was getting on a private flight direct to Isla Nublar, courtesy of InGen, the controversial company that had created the huge Jurassic Park/World franchise. Nothing but beautiful scenery, long azure beaches and the roar of actual, real life dinosaurs in the distance...

For five years I had been extensively studying John Hammond and Henry Wu's elaborate cloning methods and most specifically, the velociraptors, one of the more adorable looking dinosaurs, yet arguably the most bloodthirsty killers that could strike any moment. As sad as it sounded, tomorrow was the day I had finally been waiting for, my whole life: I would finally get to meet a real life dinosaur.

I jumped off my couch and got into my old bed for the last time ever. As I shut my eyes, I thought of the exciting new venture that tomorrow would offer me; I couldn't wait.