20

final chapter
trigger warning :(

I drove around the expanse of LA looking for Connor anxiously. The sun was starting to set and my worries multiplied every second.

At this point, I had already phoned the police station and they were out looking as well. I knew I couldn't do this alone.

Driving a little further down the back parts of LA, there was a trail that led up a mountain, and Connors car was parked near it.

Panic surged through my bones and I halted the car, getting out as fast as I could.

"Connor! CONNOR PLEASE!" I shouted as I ran up the path, forgetting any possible dangers as I made my way to him.

There he stood, his back facing me, his feet shuffling closer and closer to the edge.

My heart sank and I didn't want to startle him, so I walked slowly towards him. I reached his still body, reaching out and grabbing his waist from behind.

(POV switch)

"Troye. no what are you doing here I need to go." he whimpered, his voice raw, and his eyes red from tears. Troye shook his head, placing his head in the crook of Connors neck.

"Don't do this Connor, come on, I'll get you help and we can build a future together. I love you so so much." At this point, Troye couldn't stop the choked sobs that escaped his mouth, and he backed up, allowing Connor to face him.

"I love you to, but you need to let me go." Connor said, a bitter smile on his face. "no. no. no" Troye shook his head violently, his eyes pleading Connor to stay.

"Please, Connor, let's go to my car, we can get you home and I'll take care of you just please please don't-" Troye rambled, but Connor cut him off by pressing his lips to Troye's quickly.

As they parted Connor whispered 'I love you.' Troye was in a haze, not noticing that Connor had gotten out of his embrace.

then he jumped.

he jumped before Troye could stop him, a loud scream escaping Troye's throat. this couldn't be happening.

He looked over the edge, and his eyes widened in horror at what he saw. Connor was gone. he was gone.

"NO! NO! NO!" he screamed, falling onto the floor sobbing. "CONNOR NOO!" he sobbed, even though he knew he was long gone.

Guilt clouded his mind. If he hadn't just paid attention none of this would have happened.

Now the love of his life lay distorted at the bottom of a trail.

/-\

"Tok, you need to eat something." his mother pleaded, tears in her eyes. It had been three days since Connors death and Troye barely ate anything at all.

Life seemed pointless without Connor in it.

"I'm not hungry." he said simply, burying his head further into his pillows. The aches in his chest and stomach made him feel immobile.

"you always say that hon, but you need to eat. Connor wouldn't want you to starve yourself." she said, ruffling Troye's curls.

He nodded solemnly, giving into his mothers wishes. I mean, she had flown out to LA just to be with him during this hard time.

Troye couldn't handle all of his emotions. Everything reminded him of Connor. his Connor: that was now long gone.

Before he knew it, he was crying again, shoving his face into his pillows, screaming out his frustration into them.

His mom was patting his back, whispering reassuring words, but there's not much you can do for a shattered heart.

/

Troye didn't like funerals. They made everything feel worse. You grieve, everyone does, and it's not the most cheery thing on the planet.

However though, here he stood, in front of a small crowd at the cemetery, about to talk about the love of his life.

"Connor Joel Franta.
There's a lot of things that I could say about this human. He was the kindest, loving, and heartless person I know.
It's crazy that I even got to know him, if I'm being honest. All of this, our whole relationship, started because of a message on Instagram. " His voice cracked at the last part and he cleared his throat before continuing.

"All of the times we spent together in the last six months of my life were magical. I didn't think I would ever fall in love, but oh, I did fall in love with Connor. I'm in love with Connor and he will always be a huge part of my life.

He talked about his family a lot when we were thinking of traveling. He really treasured you all closely, and he loved you. Now, before this gets too long, just know that if someone comes into your life and changes it like Connor did to mine, don't let them go, don't take them for granted. Thank you."

Troye finished his speech and made his way back to his seat, next to Connors mother and his own mom. She patted his back comfortingly, grieving the loss of her son.

//

10 years later.

"is this my other daddy?" the small boy asked, looking up into Troye's watery eyes. He nodded, kissing the top of his child's head.

About four years prior, Troye had decided he didn't like living alone, and he wanted a family. So, he adopted Ryan.

Sure, it was hard raising him alone, but he always felt like he had an extra helping hand near by.

He never had gotten over Connors death, but he found happiness, happiness in his son. He came to accept that Connor wanted him happy.

While he was happy, he never did get married to anyone, and you could say that his heart belonged with Connor.

It really is crazy how it all started with Instagram.

/

ITS OVER.

Oh my god I can't believe it.

don't kill me.

but please leave your thoughts on the whole story in general, I want to know
if you guys liked it.

thoughts on the ending?

This is my first finished fan fiction and my new one is staring very very soon!💛

signing off,

ur fav rat mel