Girls Aloud - 3 Years Later Chapter 2

chapter 2

Nicola’s POV

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

“Charlie!”, I shouted pulling the duvet up over my head. “Would you please turn that off!”

I peered out from under the covers over to the clock on his side of the bed. 7:00 it read.

“Oh. My. God!” I said starting to get frustrated. “why are you needing to get up at 7am on a Sunday for? This is ridiculous”. 

I looked up as Charlie walked out of the bathroom with an amused look on his face. 

“Sorry Ginge, I must’ve hit the snooze button instead of turning it off” he said as he walked to his side of the bed, switching off the annoying sound.

“Oh, thank God for that” I sighed, turning over away from him. 

“Hey there, don’t be angry”, he said placing his hand onto my shoulder and pulling me to lie on my back. “I have to go in early today for a meeting with a buyer, well more of a conference call the client is an international one”, he stated now sitting down on the bed next to me. “But I should be done before noon if you wanted to get lunch or something?”.

Angry? How could I be angry at him when he’s body is still wet and almost glistening from his earlier shower and the towel that is wrapped around is waste is wrapped very loosely.

“mmm”, I muttered as my hand started playing with part of the towel near his waste. “I guess we could get lunch”. 

“Oh no, none of that, not after last Friday when I never even made it into work” removing my hand and going to stand up.

“Well do I at least get a kiss before you leave?” I asked pouting.

He smiled and started to lean in towards me until my phone started ringing.

“arghh” I groaned, I really didn’t like this morning. 

“Relax babe, it’s only Kimberley calling” he said handing me my phone before he went to pull on some clothes. “You should get that, I’m going downstairs for some breakfast. You’ll get your kiss before I leave.”

I sat up in the bed and slid my finger along the touch screen to answer the call. “Hi Kimberley” I said, not sounding enthusiastic at all. 

“Hiya Nicola, I’m sorry if I woke you up”, she said sounding concerned. 

“Oh no, don’t worry. Charlie took care of that for you”. I laughed dryly.

“Oh okay…” she said a little awkwardly.

“Kimba, why are you ringing this early anyway? Shouldn’t a new mother like you be sleeping?” I said as I made my way over to my dresser planning to my outfit for today. 

“Well you’d think so but it seems that the baby had other plans for me, and Justin needed a lie in”

“Well Justin also doesn’t breast feed Kimberley” I said with a laugh.

“Thanks Nic, always the supportive friend”, I laughed at that. 

“Anyway the reason I called so early was to ask if you wanted to come up this afternoon. There’s a guest who I hope is coming and I’m sure they’d like to see you. Bring Charlie too if he likes”. She let out in one quick breath.

“Wait Kim, who’s coming?” I asked very confused. Why would she need me there?

“…” she breathed a sigh