Girls Aloud - 3 Years Later Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Nicola's POV

"Nah there's too much going on on the bodice...".

"I don't think this cut would suite me...".

"No, I don't want anything that fluffs up like this at the back..." I said while playing with the edge of a wedding dress. 

The women who was showing us around the store simply nodded and went to place the couture back in its covering.

"God, Nicola" Frankie said while rolling her eyes at me. "Why are you so fussy?".

"I don't know why we're here anyway, we both know you're going to end up designing your own dress".

"It's research" I said with a laugh. 

"Research? No that's what bridal magazines are for... let's go, I want some lunch."

This past week I've started to plan my wedding. Charlie was excited too but I don't think he has any idea what he was in for. Today I'd dragged my sister out to come wedding dress shopping with me. Well it wasn't really shopping because she was right, I would eventually design my own dress. I was way too indecisive to one that I thought could suited me perfectly, I would have to make it myself. 

I was always hesitant about marriage, there were people around me that it didn't go well for. Like my parents and then everything that happened with Cheryl and Ashley. Also Kimberley and Justin had been together from when I was young and had a seemingly uncomplicated relationship and they weren't married. But now with Charlie I was in a place where I could see myself taking that step without any hesitation or doubt in him, or in our relationship and it felt great.

"Here you go girls, enjoy" the waiter said as he placed our orders onto our table.

"So Frank, there's actually another reason I asked you to come shopping with me today". I said smiling up at her. I didn't really have a nervous persona, but right now I couldn't help but feel a little tense due to what I was about to ask her. 

"You mean other then paying for my lunch?" She smirked sarcastically. The look on her face then changed from amused to concerned, she must've noticed how nervous I seemed.

"Nic, are you okay?". 

"Yeah of course" I said, smiling reassuringly "there's just something I really want to ask you".

"Well go on then". She was so much like me, we didn't beat around the bush, we were always honest and to the point. 

I took a deep breath in "Frankie, you're my baby sister and I love you to bits, but you're so much more to me than that". Her eyes suddenly widened in surprise at the beginnings of my emotional speech.

I took her hands into mine. "You're my best friend babe. You're always there for me no matter what and I know you always will be. Without your love and your support through everything I don't think I would be sitting here with you, having this conversation today. So on my wedding day it would mean the world to me if you were the one standing next to me, so will you be my maid of honour Miss Francesca?".

She stared at me intently, her mouth went from gaped to stretched in a beaming smile. "Are you kidding? Of course" she said, pulling us both to our feet and into a bone crushing hug. "Wait" she said, pushing me away but still keeping her hands on my shoulders. "Are you really sure?".

"Of course I am, babe". We hugged it out, I couldn't be more happy right now. Frankie meant the absolute world to me, there were so many times I wouldn't have gotten through things without her constant and unwavering support.

We sat down again, ready to enjoy the rest of our meal. We didn't get that far through when I heard my phone begin to ring.

"Sorry hun, it's Charlie I should get this". I said while looking down at my phone.

Frankie just nodded at me, her mouth full of lettuce. 

"Hey babe" I said into the phone, while laughing at how adorable my sister was with her mouth full. 

"Hey Nic, can you talk right now?" He asked, he sounded a little stressed.

"Yeah I can, I'm just at lunch with Frankie" I said, taking a sip of my water.

"Okay umm... I don't really know how to put this. Firstly, did you know Cheryl was back in London?". 

Truth be told I hadn't spoken with Cheryl for quite sometime. I hadn't really seem her much either since my engagement party, other than for a few gatherings. Like the little goodbye party that was held for Sarah before she left for Australia, who would be back tomorrow anyway.

"No I thought she was still over in America, none of us have really heard from her". I take another sip of my drink. 

"Well you may not have but Nadine definitely has..." He said, causing me so spit some of my water out of my mouth and onto the table. Frankie looked up at me, shocked by my sudden reaction. She put down her fork, deciding to now it would be worth listening in on the conversation.

"What?" I almost shouted into the phone after catching my breath "did you see them?".

"I did, this morning at the hospital when I had that appointment, but it's where I saw them..." He trailed off.

"Charlie?" I was worried, he never acts like this unless something is troubling him. Which doesn't happen often, he normally has a very laid back attitude.

"Nic I don't want you to freak out, babe" he told me.

"Please?" I asked, starting to get frustrated "just tell me where you saw them?".

"I saw then coming out of the oncology ward...".