Chapter 6: Research

Niall's POV:

When we both said our goodnights, I spent the next hour staring at the ceiling. I didn't feel too good about lying to Arianne about not being in One Direction. But I really am in The Lads as well so I guess I kinda told half of the truth, right? I'm just not as committed to that band as I am to One Direction. Ugh. I couldn't tell her just yet, I wasn't ready for her reaction. I would get into trouble with the management if they ever found out what I was doing. But there's something about Arianne that is driving me towards her. I know I have to stop this because it's not healthy for my career and especially if the media finds out... But weirdly, I would go through it to unravel the mystery that is Arianne. The thought surprises me because if it were any other girl, I would have just dropped her then and there. But not Arianne. 

Arianne's POV:

The sun rays streaming through my blinds woke me up and I turn to find a sleeping Nina. 

"Arianne! Nina! Time for breakfast!" my mom shouted from the kitchen. 

I groaned and laid in bed for another 5 minutes before throwing the covers off of my body. I shake Nina 's petite body and she tossed and turned before finally forcing her eyes open. 

"Breakfast is ready!" I deliberately chirped because I knew how she hated energetic people in the morning. Especially when they talk to her. She was about to swat my arm when I moved back swiftly and stuck my tongue out at her and dashed down the stairs to the toilet.

The whole house was enveloped with the smell of pancakes and I inhale it deeply to wake me up. I brushed my teeth, walked back into the kitchen and see Nina devouring a stack of pancakes. My mother knew how much Nina loved having her pancakes in the morning whenever she came to stay over. It was heart-warming to see the two ladies I love the most, in the morning,

"Morning. Since it's Sunday, what do you wanna do today?" I take a bite of toast and asked with my mouth full. I caught my mother shaking her head at me and shot her a playful smile.

My mother is a beautiful woman. Thick black hair and black eyes like mine. I didn't inherit her big eyes, fair skin and good looks though. Unfortunately. She was from the Philippines and met my father when she was working as his secretary. I still laugh at how cliché their first meeting was.

Nina shrugged lazily and mumbled something that sounded along the long the lines of "Movie...mall..clothes" I chuckled at my bestfriend silently when my father came rushing down the stairs in his work clothes. 

"Pancakes or toast, honey?" my mom called out to him.

"Just coffee sweetie I'm in a rush." he huffed. My father was born a Chinese and he lived in Singapore before going to the Philippines to work. I was born there and I came to the US when I was around 3 , when my father accepted a job offer, so I can't really remember much of my life in the Philippines. You could say I have a very complicated life.

My mom nodded and poured him a mug of fresh coffee, which he downed in a minute before kissing my mom and I goodbye and smiling politely at Nina.

I look around my house and begin thinking of how I can't imagine myself living in another country or house. I've known this place all my life and I'm not ready for change. I live at a quiet neighbourhood in Seattle and I like the isolation. The school I go to, Seattle Community College or SCC for short, is like your typical American college. Cliques, parties and everything you see on the TV. I try not to get myself exposed to stuff like that because I'm not about that kind of life. 

"Did you hear me?" Nina interrupted my thoughts.

"What?" 

"I said we could spend the day making comparisons to your Niall and that one from 1D"

I blinked and pursed my lips. Nina took it as a yes anyway. She doesn't do no's. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine but let me take a shower and do some studying first." I grunt and Nina claps her hands, obviously happy she has it her way, yet again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time we were done watching every video diary, twitcam video and music video, I am starting to smell something fishy about the Niall I'm currently talking to. He sounds awfully the same as the one from 1D, but his pitch is only higher. The way they talk is exactly the same but considering that they're both Irish, I guess that's bound to happen. Plus, Niall told me he was a ginger with green eyes, and he has a sister. The Niall from 1D has a brother called Greg.. I don't really know what to make of all this. I'm probably being stupid for think too much, like I always do. I'm gonna brush this off my shoulders and see how things with Niall and I go instead.

But besides all that, surprisingly, the 1D boys were really funny and charming. Not to mention their music is also quite catchy. I might have found a new obsession now. 

"You know..we never really talked about why you wanted to commit.." Nina said in a low voice as she shuts her laptop down. 

"Oh..it's nothing important really.." I say nonchalantly.

"Bullshit. Talk to me Arianne. What was really going on in your mind?" she probed.

"It's just... I feel like I'm a burden to you sometimes. Like you're tired of being friends with me." I admit.

Her fingers met the skin of my arm and she pinched me before I could move away. Ouch. I shrieked and rubbed my sore area. 

"HAVE YOU GONE BONKERS? I FUCKING LOVE YOU YOU'RE THE BESTEST FRIEND I'VE EVER HAD AND YOU WERE MY ONLY FRIEND WHEN I WAS A FUCKING LOSER TRANSFER STUDENT IN SCHOOL AND WHEN EVERYONE MADE FUN OF ME." she screamed in my ear.

I can't help but smile at her words and jumped on her for a hug. I'm really glad I got that off my chest. And even more glad that Nina didn't think of me as something she should tolerate.