24||so come over and hold me

"If you ever scare me like that again, I swear I'll kill you," I threaten as Griffin holds the door open for me at Starbucks. He flashes a smile and slips a very new arm around my waist. He positions me in front of him as we stand in line, draping his arms over my shoulders and drawing circles on my arms.

"Katherine, threatening is a no."

"Your face is a no."

"Ouch."

I kiss him, and it's wonderful. I've never been able to just kiss people whenever I feel like it. But he wraps his arms around my waist and makes a noise against my mouth that's something like a moan and a groan, combined. I smile and sink into it, hooking my arms around his neck as he kisses me.

"Um, excuse me?"

Griffin sighs deeply as he breaks the kiss, but he doesn't loosen his hold on me. "Uh, yes, can we get a venti latte and a tall cappuccino?"

He doesn't take his eyes off my face as he talks, and a smile grows steadily on both of our faces. He gives us the names Bella and Edward this time, then walks us backwards until we reach our standard booth. We sit on the same side and he crushes our lips together the moment we're seated. He kisses me until my lips are swollen and our names are called, then kisses me until our coffees are cool enough to drink.

"God, I'll never get enough of you," he murmurs against my cheek.

I blush, unsure of how to respond to that: Ditto? No, probably not that. I turn my head so we're lip-to-lip and grin at him.

"Good," I say, and his smile broadens. "Can I play you a song?"

"Will you sing it?"

"Why?" I ask, frowning at him.

"Because I like your voice."

The song I have in mind is a little too risqué for that, but I twist in the booth until I'm facing him anyway. I tuck my hair behind my ears, he smiles encouragingly.

"Okay, um," I mutter, tapping the piano chords on the table, "Come over or not/I've been so ready to dim my mind/your body a drug/for mine/two bodies moving in/time and space to try and heal me/I know what I want so come over and/hold me/I won't ask for anything more/I'm hurting/use me now when I'm vulnerable/it helps me fake some love for a little while/I know what I want so take advantage of me." I clear my throat and shrug. "The rest of it's just different lyrics, same rhythm, so..."

"You're so good," he gushes, cupping my face in his hands—again—and kissing me—again. "More?"

I laugh and start singing again. His hand slips into mine, and he holds my knuckles to his lips, watching me with warm, proud eyes that I a little bit love.

A/N: oh my lord, that song is wrecking me. i found it on halsey's twitter, and it makes me so happyyyyy. which is why i put it in the chapter. just so we're clear, i'm finishing this story. it might not be that good or meaningful or whatever, but i will finish it. thank you for reading.

(is it conceited to vote on your own stories because there're like five chapters in the middle that have zero votes and they make me sad?)