Chapter 9: So, You Like Pups?

I opened my eyes and sat, taking quick intakes of breath.

"What the.. It's just a dream.." I flopped back on the bed and didn't notice that I started crying.

It's not a dream. It's a nightmare. Shocks. I don't know if it's nothing, if it's a prediction or if it already happened.

I took a quick shower, changed into sweatpants and T-shirt his pack member let me borrow. I went down to grab a glass of water and saw Danny preparing for breakfast.

"You okay? Your eyes are puffy. Did you cry?" He stopped for a moment to cup my face.

"Yeah. Just had a dream." I gave him a small smile.

"I guess it's a bad dream. About what?" He rubbed his thumbs against my cheeks and hugged me.

I hugged him back and told him, "Nothing. Just got freaking scared."

Then, Steve and Steph barged in again. "Whoa! Sorry for ruining the moment. Steve let's go."

"No, no you're not! He's just comforting me." I pulled away from Danny and rubbed my eyes.

"Comforting you? What happened?" Steph walk towards me, held my shoulders and look at me. "Hey lil sis, you okay?"

"Yeah. Just had a dream. Can we eat now? I'm hungry." I changed the topic because I don't want to tell the details. Huhu, just remembering the dream.. *insert Darth Vader's voice* Nooooooooooooooo~

We started eating. They tried to cheer me up but nothing work. I just gave them forced smiles, nodding there, look at that. I still can't forget the dream. Ugh.

Then Danny's phone rang and he answered it. He motioned for Steve to follow him to his office, leaving me with Steph. She talked and talked but I only half listened to her stories. I felt bad for doing that so I made a promise to myself that I'll pay my attention to her on her next topic.

"Hey, I have a friend who's going to throw a party tomorrow. Wanna come?" Steph excitedly told me.

"I don't know. I don't have any clothes remember? And I'm not in the mood to party." I told her in a bored tone. I saw hurt in her eyes when I rejected her. I'm so freaking bad!

"Come on Hazen! You'll have a lot of fun there. Promise. Just give it a try and if you don't want to stay there any longer, then we'll go home." She pleaded at me.

"What? But what about you? You won't have fun if you do that."

"Don't worry about me. Please Hazen. Come with me, please?" Oh no. I really don't like puppy eyes.

I was about to complain when Danny and Steve sat down on their seats. "Sorry ladies but we have an important announcement." Steph and I nodded and waited for Danny to continue.

"There's a meeting. Only Alphas and Betas were required to attend. We have to go tomorrow, early in the morning and we'll stay there for two or three days. We have to discuss matters about the packs and rogues."

"Oh." Then what?

"Sorry Hazen. If only I can take you with me, but we have to follow the Alpha's orders. I'll let Steph stay with you while we're away. Is that okay with you?"

"I understand. Don't worry, all is fine." This time, I gave him a sincere smile.

"YEEEEES!" We all look at Steph. "Sorry guys. I'm just happy. You know, there's a party tomorrow night and maybe I can take Hazen with me?"