Chapter 25

JIA

"You broke my heart, Jia!"

My mind kept repeating what she said to me as I walked to the dorm. I don't understand. How can I have broken her heart? From what I know, it is my heart that is slowly breaking ever since she chose not to talk to me. 

I don't know how this happened. The last thing I remember, we spent such sweet moments by each other's side. I know the words we had exchanged then were real. I know that what I felt was true and so was hers because I can see it through her. We were happy in that situation. We didn't need the world, we only needed each other.

In fact, I still care for her. I get hurt whenever I see her in pain. This is why I asked coach if the rest of the team can finish the push ups for her. This is also the same reason why I wanted to accompany her in her car just to see if she was fine. I don't care if she drives home with me in the passenger seat. I can always find a cab to take me back to the dorm. The important thing is that she gets home without harm and that she is always safe.

So I can never attempt to break her heart. I never wanted to hurt her. Why was she suddenly screaming at me? It hurts so much to hear her talk to me like that. It's as if the concern for each other has vanished. I could not even make a guess because she did not tell me anything. She refused to open up to me and here I am getting screamed at for something I could not even understand. 

Somehow I needed to know why she felt that way because if I won't, this heart of mine will also fully break. But she needs to also know that even if her words slowly tore my heart, there will still be a space for her in it. She will always have a place in my heart.

I kept kicking things on my way back and my tears have already made a trail behind me. I know I looked foolish. It's a good thing training ended quite late and it was a little dark on the way back. As I turned towards the dorm, I saw Ate Ly's car coming in as well. When she parked, Jamie and Amy also came down and called me.

Jamie: Jia! We rode with Ate Ly hoping we could catch up with you. But you got here ahead of us pa!

Amy: Yeah, you even forgot all your things in the gym! Good thing we saw it and brought it along with us. Here. (She handed me my gym and school bag)

Me: Thanks guys. Sorry nakalimutan ko ha. Nahirapan pa kayo tuloy to bring it here.

Alyssa: No worries. They rode with me naman. (As she walked towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder). Ji, I know you're not okay. If kailangan mo ng kausap, we're just here, ok?

Jia: Thank you Ate pero I think kung may kailangan man mag-usap, kami ni Bea yun. 

Alyssa: Basta, andito lang kami ok?

Then they all gave me a group hug.

As we walked inside, Mich was sitting on the couch and saw me. 

Mich: Oh, bestfriend. Ok ka lang? Bat ganyan mukha mo? Ano nangyari?

Jia: Ah. Wala to.

Mich: Di lang ako nag training for a while may ganito na. Sinong nanakit sayo? Si Miguel ba? Resbakan natin?

Jia: Mich, no. Please. Huwag mong gawin yan.

Mich: Wow. Protective ka pa sa kanya. Ang angas ng lalakeng yan ah. Akala niya...

Jia: No. It's not Miguel. 

Mich: Ha? Eh sino?

Jia: Basta. But you would not want to hurt this person.

Alyssa: Okay, girls. I know you all had a heavy night. Pero, it's time to hit the books. Acads time muna tayo bago mag lights out.

Oh yeah. I forgot. I have two papers pa due tomorrow. I was supposed to do it kanina on my free time kaso nakalimutan ko. I opened my bag for my planner and I realized na wala siya sa loob.

Me: Jamie, you saw my planner?

Jamie: Huh? No, your bag was closed when we took it with us.

Me: Eh bakit wala dito? Gosh andun pa naman guidelines ng requirements ko.

Mich: Chill bestfriend. 11:59pm pa naman due yan bukas diba? May whole day ka pa para gawin. 

Jamie: Yes, we'll just go back to the gym earlier tomorrow. I'm sure it's just there.

Alyssa: Don't stress yourself, Jia. Itulog mo na lang yan. Baka di ka rin makagawa ng paper sa pagod mo eh. It's ok just do it tomorrow. And I will text Kuya Jun kung nakita niya planner mo sa gym while he was cleaning.

Me: Ok Ate. Thanks ha. You're right. Itutulog ko na lang to. Good night guys.

Girls: Good night Ji!

I stood up to go to my room. I was hoping to sleep right away. Pero all I did was toss and turn. I'm trying to shake off this feeling. It's a mix of pain, heartbreak, anxiety, worry and stress. Hay! I don't know how my day will turn out to be tomorrow. I'm just hoping it would be for the better. I don't have tears to cry anymore. I closed my eyes and prayed. I also prayed for Bea hoping she got home safe. Then I tried slowly to fall asleep.