chapter 21

Carl's POV:

I had to. i pushed Emma into the closet. poor little Judith i hope she stays alive and well. i hope the can of pudding I put in there with her will last. i hope she finds it. what if Judith starts crying and they find them. there are so many what ifs and buts, about this whole situation. I hope I don't get hurt. those are the only thoughts going thru my head as i shoot down at least 11 walkers and 3 saviors. then I see a walker that looks familiar. Daryl i yell. then i realize it's just his shirt. who planted it that quick.whatever, i shake it off grab ammo for my gun off the top shelf and the car keys. Yes i am only like 14 and yes i do know how to drive a car. you have to when you have to deal with walkers. i see Daryl's crossbow and then i see the train tracks. two guys holding people i think i know up. and Daryl standing there watching like he is waiting to attach. the it happens Daryl gets shot in his arm. i see it and start to cry but after a few tears roll down my face. i remember the key to survival... strength the strength to keep on going the strength to be able to fight any time anywhere, the strength of Having to suck it up and deal with it. that kinda strength. i grab my gun and immediately march out of the car. i quietly whisper "stay calm" to the girl. at that very moment i had realized that girl was my Ex. Enid and the same guy we called "D" shot Daryl in the shoulder and at that very moment he had collapsed and Enid ran to the car. i met her in the car after i shot "D" and grabbed daryl. i dragged him and he quickly got up and into the car. Daryl passed out in the back seat. enid kisses me and says how much she has missed me. i don't tell her about Emma. i just sit silent and drive away as fast as i can. we make it back to the small little resort. nobody's there when we return. i look to the closet to see if Emma and Judith are there in the closet where i left them. they where there... but not in the condition i expected them to be in. they had turned as well as michonne. i look to michonne to see her little baby crawling to the outside of her. "oh my god." I say. Enid immediately gags." I...I...I can't" . she says as she runs to the outside of the closet. "are you okay" i hear someone familiar say.

To Be Continued...