Chapter 17

About a week later:

We all meet up at the old truck where the Sophia memorial is. We all walk out of the  truck to see who made it back.  As everything slows down a bit, we all stand up in a line and take turns standing up front so we can see who's back alive. I stand up front. Darel, Rick,  michone, Glenn, Carl. The people I see. I start to cry and go back in line. Daryl goes up front to see the line. He sees everyone but Maggie. The. Looks again. Carol is gone. He cries and stands there for a second. I don't think I have ever seen anyone such as Daryl cry like that before in my life.  Then everyone else walks up takes there time and goes back. Glenn is the last one up. He looks everywhere real quick "Maggie?" He says quietly. Everyone looks around. He falls to his knees and cried there for a second. After everything is said and done and walkers start to come out way, we have gotten food and water so we all load up and start to get back into the truck. Glenn starts the car and sits there for a second with his head on the steering wheel. "We where going to announce her pregnancy here, today." We all look upset and astonished. "WAIT!" We hear someone yell.  Glenn rushes out of the car. In front of a small 15 walker Hurd was Maggie, riding a small children's bike twards us. "Start the car" she yells. Glenn starts the car and runs toward her. He picks her up and runs toward the car. She gets in. We all cheer with excitement. He grabs the ignition,  steps on the pedal and we drive off. "Where are we going?" I ask as we follow rocks truck. "I have no idea." He honestly responds.