Chapter 8: Unresolved

A week ago, Vicki Donovan died.

A week ago, Logan Fell died.

A week ago, I almost died. 

Everything seemed about right, except for the fact that Damon Salvatore was still popping into my mind whenever I closed my eyes. Jeremy actually believed that Vicki left town, and Matt seemed to have no questions. It was quite understandable. Messed-up teenagers leaving town all of a sudden didn't really seem like a concern. Plus, it was Vicki Donovan.

Everything was back to the way it was.

And me? Well, my life was back to the mess it was before.

"What is he doing?" I pointed to the 'person' in the kitchen that seemed to be... studying. 

"What?" Elena turned around, "Oh my God, Jeremy, are you okay?"

By this time, Jenna shifted her eyes to our line of sight and opened her mouth in shock. Jeremy looked up from his notebook. His expression showed a bit insulted but then again, we had never seen him studying before, "Yeah, yeah, be surprised all you want, but can you keep it down? I have a quiz tomorrow."

We all looked at each other with bewildered expressions, "You think it's an alien?"

"Some sort of replica." Said Jenna.

I whispered to Elena, "Do you think Damon messed up his head?"

She shrugged. This might be what was called 'paranormal activity' but it was a good thing. Jeremy was finally paying attention to his studies and he was actually trying to get good grades. Whatever Damon did, it was good for my little brother.

"Hey, can you drive me to Stefan's?" She asked.

"Sure."

"Have you guys done it yet?" Jenna wiggled her brows.

"Do what?" Elena looked confused.

"It." I repeated.

Her features soon became disgusted and frowned, "You guys are disgusting!"

Later that day, I drove Elena to the boarding house. But I wasn't so moody since I had to be her personal chauffeur, but because maybe he was there. I didn't know why I wanted to see him that bad, I just did. Elena knocked twice on the door, but no one answered. Presumably Stefan was out, but Elena had called earlier, so that left us with the other person that lived there.

[ Third person's POV ]

Damon was inside. He could hear the two Gilberts knocking impatiently on the door. He could smell the scent of her blood all the way to his room. He would had opened the door for them, but then he knew the fiercer sister would just barge in for Elena. If they thought no one was home, they would just leave, and he didn't want her to leave, yet he didn't want to think of her. This felt like a huge obstacle in his plan to rescue Katherine from the tomb; he didn't know how to get rid of it. He couldn't just walk around it. It wasn't as easy as he thought it would be, with the images of her floating around in his mind.

He focused on listening to her heartbeat, and it was quite difficult considering the block of objects and not to mention Elena's annoying voice calling Stefan. He vamp-sped downstairs, startling both girls. Their hearts seemed to hit the acceleration button. Elena's heart was speeding because she was afraid, but he didn't know why her heart was thudding; He saw no fear in her eyes.

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asked.

"Baby bro left. BFF's in town." He poured himself a glass of bourbon. Elena was more scared now, because Stefan wasn't here and she just wasn't sure if Damon would let them go. She gestured to her sister for them to get going but then Damon turned around, "You know what? Why don't you wait for Stefan? A little bonding time brings us all closer together, wouldn't it? I'm sure Stefan would like that idea."