Chapter 6: Lost Girls

My eyes went wide. All the nerves in my body tensed.

"Elena, I didn't mean that. I was joking..." I tried to put some sense in her. Vampires weren't real. They couldn't be. They were just scary folklore's that parents used to get their children to go to sleep. Elena was definitely being delusional.

"He... he said that..." Upon the memories, she broke out sobbing again. I felt a gush of wind through the window of her bedroom and both of our gazes turned to that direction to see Stefan. I gasped and let go of Elena.

"Please... let me explain." He pleaded. Elena grabbed my hand slowly and we bolted for the door but Stefan stopped us. He flashed to our only escape path in a friction of a second. I gasped for the second time and Elena's tears subconsciously rolled down her cheeks. Stefan placed his hands on Elena's shoulders but maybe his grip was too tight. Desperate times called for desperate measures. I let go of her hand and backed away from the two of them.

"Let me go!" Elena struggled in his reach. I didn't know if he would hurt her or not but at the moment, Elena was an inconsolable mess. I stood in a corner and let to truth sink in.

"The animal attacks... You kill  those people..." I said but my voice was barely above a whisper. Since he got into town, freaky incidents happened. Animal attacks all of a sudden... People got bitten, drained of blood... Vicki got hurt...

"No, no, no. It was Damon. Damon did it." He let go of Elena and said. My sister leaned against the wall and slowly slid down. Her sobs and cries were no longer audible. They were silent as tears poured out of her eyes like a waterfall. Stefan crouched down to her level but she backed away immediately. She grabbed the lamp on the nightstand and tried to swing it at him. We both knew that those impacts wouldn't do much harm to him. It wouldn't even leave a bruise. Stefan realised he wasn't getting near her without her trying to fight him so he stepped back slowly.

"Please, let me explain." He said, trying to calm her down.

"Go away... Please..." Elena sobbed.

"I would never hurt you... Please don't be afraid of me..." Stefan begged.

"Leave. Now. If you don't want to hurt her, leave." I said. I tried to sound brave but who was I kidding? Bravery was such a joke at the time. He sighed sadly and in a blink of an eye, Stefan was out of the window and was nowhere in sight. I ran to Elena and hugged her. I stayed with her that night to make sure she didn't do anything stupid. I understood why she was so upset. After her parents died, Stefan was the only one she really opened up to. And he broke her trust. He kept such a secret from her. But I also understood him. Elena would had never given him a chance if she knew. She would only be afraid. The truth didn't hit me as hard as it did Elena. But there was also one thing that was stuck in my head.

Damon was a vampire.

For the next few days, Elena was still upset. Stefan had left thousands of messages and voice-mails, but Elena ignored all of them. Until today, she decided to finally confront him. Stefan said he was going to answer every question she had for him. It was a meeting for just the two of them but Elena made me go with her because she was scared. I was only going because I had one condition that we meet in public. It wouldn't really do us much good if we met at the Salvatore boarding house. He could easily kill us and dispose of our bodies there.

I had to drive both myself and Elena to the coffee place. Elena was in no positive to drive, nor do anything. She nervously scratched her hands until we finally parked. Her whole body went rigid upon seeing Stefan. We got out of the car slowly and came over to Stefan's table. He smiled slightly and we both took a seat. The waitress handed us our drinks and left quickly.