Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites

[ Jennifer's POV ]

"Hey, Elena. I think... you should stay from... Stefan." Bonnie said and we all turned to look at her.

"Bon, why do you hate him so much? You told me to go for him." Elena argued.

"I don't hate him. I just... got a bad vibe." Bonnie said sadly.

"You know what? This psychic thing is going out of hand. I'm gonna invite him over for dinner and us three are gonna have dinner with him. Period." Elena said angrily before storming off over to Stefan, who was standing across the field.

"Don't mind that, Bonnie. She's just really into him, you know." I said and patted Bonnie's shoulder.

We walked across the large fields of grass. Elena's eyes seemed to lighten up upon seeing Stefan. She was talking and smiling nonstop. I didn't see a lot of that for several months. Stefan was like her small beam of hope.

"Look." Bonnie nudged my arm and pointed to where Tyler was. Before anyone could predict anything, Tyler threw the ball, hard, at Stefan. Bonnie and I were about to scream when Stefan turned around abruptly and caught the ball with his bare hands and smiled. He threw the ball back at Tyler with such force that it almost knocked Tyler to the ground. He turned back to Elena and smiled. Elena's mouth quirked up and said something to him. Probably to talk him into joining the football team. 

The couple walked away to get into class and Bonnie and I hurried up, too. Mr. Tanner was as grumpy as usual. I still didn't know how is it possible for one person to keep one expression for all his life.

Elena was whispering something to Stefan when Mr. Tanner jumped in, "Pearl Harbour."

Elena didn't seem to notice anything he said, "Miss Gilbert." 

"Uh... yes?" Elena stuttered.

"Pearl Harbour." He repeated.

She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came up until Stefan answered it for her, "December 7th, 1941."

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." He said grumpily whilst glaring at Stefan.

"Anytime." Stefan said casually.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall." Mr. Tanner asked.

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir." Stefan said.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act." He questioned again.

"1964." Stefan answered.

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963." Stefan said, still not breaking eye-contact with the teacher.

"Martin Luther King."

"'68." He said.

"Korean war."

"1950 to 1953." He answered confidently.

"Ha!" Tanner laughed, breaking the stare-off, "It ended in '52."

"Actually, sir... it was '53." Stefan reasoned.

"Look it up, somebody. Quickly." Tanner demanded, glaring at the entire students in that classroom.

"Mr. Tanner... it was 1953." I checked on my phone and said. The whole class went silent and stared at Stefan. This was the second time had beaten Tanner's grumpy old ass to the curve. Elena smirked at him and he smiled back. The bell rang and everyone quickly got out of that hell of a classroom.

Next was cheer leading practice. Bonnie and I went to change into our work-out clothes and went to the field. Caroline was head cheerleader, and yet she was nowhere to be found.