Chapter 5: You're Undead To Me

After the 'incident' with Caroline, none of us talked to Damon or heard anything about him for a week. When Elena asked Stefan, he just said his brother left town for good. Not to mention Stefan had been avoiding all of us since. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or disappointed. What I felt towards him was kinda mixed. Hate was too strong, but I didn't like him either. My opinions were just kind of stuck in between. Damon was on and off. I mean, when we first met, he was acting like a gentleman and all but then the next day, he was dating Caroline. Then he tried to kiss me, then he apologised. And then we found out he abused Caroline. And I didn't even know what the hell those marks were. I was pretty those are bite marks but human teeth couldn't leave such impact.

Caroline had been planning the sexy suds car wash all week. She was running around and yelling at people. She even made a rule that we all had to wear two-piece.

Plus, this really weird thing kept happening. I kept hearing Damon's voice. I mean, he appeared in my dreams sometimes but this was really scaring me. He whispered something like I was gonna help him and I kept seeing these visions of him lying in a cellar, looking weak, like he was about to die. Then I really believed that he died, and he came back to haunt me.

***

"No, Tiki, you're not doing the one-piece, okay? I've seen it on you. Trust me. Yeah. But you're going for stripper pole vibe this year." Caroline was trying to reason with Tiki on the phone. Man, that girl was the She Devil. Even I was kinda scared of Caroline, and I had broken someone's nose. 

After hanging up the phone, Caroline was busy painting her nails for this afternoon's car wash, but something seemed to be bugging her.

"What?" She snapped and whipped around at the window to see a black crow.

"I didn't say anything." I said and blinked innocently.

The blond rubbed her temples before answering me, "Um, sorry... I just... hear voices." She went to the window and shooed the crow away.

"Like what?" I asked. I sat up properly in her bed and became engaged in this news.

"Someone keeps whispering my name." She sighed.

"Damon?" I asked.

"How do you know?" She frowned in confusion, "Don't tell me it happens to you too."

I nodded sadly. I thought the two slaps I gave him made him angry enough to come back and haunt me. If he died or something.

"So, Care. Do you remember what happened at the party?" I asked carefully.

"Yeah... Damon was kissing my neck, or biting my neck. I don't remember. Maybe I let him bite me."

"Why would you do that?" I asked, a little bit disgusted. I knew people were into the kinky stuff, but that was just gross.

"Can we not talk about it? I don't want to talk about Damon." She said and then she saw me playing with the crystal on the nightstand, "What are you doing with that?"

"Nothing. What is this anyway?" I examined the crystal.

"Damon gave it to me, or was going to give it to me. All I know is it's mine now." She said.

"It's really ugly, Care." I commented.

"Then get your grubby hands off of it."

At the car wash, Bonnie and I were standing to the side in our two-piece. Mine was blue while hers was dark green. Stefan must had finally decided to stop avoiding Elena, because they were back to being in their own happy bubble.