Chapter 7 The four

"You have no control over me!" Alex screamed at the figure and charged at the girl that they still don't know the name of.
"You idiot," she said under her breathe as she took a knee. Andrew soon followed her by taking a knee as Alex stood there looking at her.
"Back away from her," the man on the cloud said as he landed on the road. He was about 6'2 and had a brown stubble and shaggy dirty blonde hair. He walked over to Alex and stared him in the eyes as Alex stared straight back.
"And who might you be?" Alex asked cockily.
"I'm your final member of this "team"," as he did air quotes around team. "You two," he pointed to Andrew and Alex, " were the first sign that the Titans were coming to an end but when you met her I knew it was time for me to find you."
"That doesn't answer my question, who are you?" Alex asked still not taking a knee but the girl and Andrew stood because they realized he was not an actual Titan but one of them.
"My mother is Phoebe, Titan of intellect and prophecy," he said with a smirk thinking that he knew exactly what would happen. "It is told the four Titan sons and daughters would have something stolen from them and they would have to band together to retrieve these items at any cost, for it is the first test of replacing their predecessors,"
"Wait so what did y'all get taken from you?" Andrew asked looking at the other two that they still had not learned the names of yet. "Also what is your names?"
    "The names Hannah, and why should I tell you? You should tell us your stuff first," she blurted out as she crossed her arms.
    "My name is Andrew and my girlfriend was taken while Alex and I were having a talk," he said as he looked down regretting not saving them.
    "There's nothing you could've done man, they were already too far away when we got out there," Alex said to Andrew as he put his hand on his shoulder.
    "What's your name hotshot?" Hannah said to Alex with an attitude.
    "Names Alex and my two best friends were taken while me and Andrew were talking, you gotta problem with me?" he said as he stepped at her and stared her down.
    "Maybe I do, so what? You gonna try and beat me? I know you won't," she said stepping close to her and stared back at him.
    "Alright that's enough. My name's Brett and my laptop was taken from me," he said stepping in between the two and pushing them apart.
    "A laptop?" the other three all replied in unison.
    "That laptop is more important than anything you've ever known," he said looking not offended because as he replayed it in his mind it did sound stupid.
    "So what about you?" Andrew said looking at Hannah.
    "My little brother was taken from me and I told him that I'd never let anything happen to him so I have to get him back," she said looking at him with anger in her eyes for whatever took him.
    "What was his name?" Alex asked her.
    "His name IS Jack," she said as she emphasized the is to make sure Alex knew that he's still alive.
    The group of four looked at each other and processed what Brett had told them about a prophecy and that this was all just a test. Hannah had returned the road to its normal height and called the lions to their home and to return their fallen brethren.
    "Well what's next for us Brett?" Andrew asked as he looked around to see civilians staring at them.
    "First we have to get out of here and hide because I feel like this is gonna get bad," he said as they started to hear sirens in the background.
     "Everyone follow us," Alex said as he jogged back to the car with some haste. "Everyone pile in," he said as he looked around to see two police cars start to get close.
     "I'll distract them," Hannah said as she put a barricade in between the cars and them.
    "Get back on the highway and head to Florida," Brett yelled from the back of the car.
    "Will do, but why Florida?" Andrew said as he sped back to the highway and entered the never ending strip of road.
    "It's said that in a classic car like this one, the farther south you go the easier it is to blend," Brett claimed.
    Alex and Andrew looked at each other and looked back at the road both thinking that for a demititan he really isn't bright.
    "We're going to Alabama because newsflash genius, Florida is basically a northern state," Alex said as they drove down the highway no longer in the pursuit of the local police.
    "Alright then," Brett said as he processed this new information. Brett had never left Iowa so he never learned of any other states as well as he never went to school because his father thought that he could teach him better than any school could.
    "So can we like stop to get something  to eat because I am starving?" Hannah said from the back.
    "We just got back on the highway after the police were about to come and arrest us and you want food?" Alex asked as he turned around and looked at her.
    "Yeah now that you say that it does sound kind of stupid to think we could. But maybe after like half a state?" She persisted.
    "Maybe later," Andrew said as he sped down the highway trying to put all of that behind him as well as not being able to save them.
    "Dude slow down," Alex said as he noticed they were starting to hit 100 miles per hour.
    "Sorry man it's just I want to get them back and I want to do it fast," he said as he started to slow down.
    "I know man but just be carful, I'm gonna take a nap but don't get us killed," Alex said as he closed his eyes and started to dream but it wasn't his father. It was much worse.