Chapter 4

Shinwoo's POV

"Here's your bonus for this month! You did very well Shinwoo!" My boss handed me my bonus together with my allowance. 

"Thank you very much, sir!" I bowed as soon as I receive the money. "Hahaha, no, thank you for doing a very good job!" I laughed as he funnily gives a compliment. "The customers really like you, y'know!" He then added, 

"They keep on asking who's that handsome guy on your kitchen and so I........" He continues to blabber and blabber a lot of unnecesary compliments as I was contemplating.

"So if I bring Gloria here too, will she like me as well?"

...

..

.

What? Just what am I thinking?!

"Hey!"

"Hey. Hey!" I startled in attention as my boss yells at me. 

"You there man?" He waves right in front of my eyes and replied him, "Hahah yeah, I heard you alright." 

I decided to give my farewell to my boss and crew, "Goodbye! And Thank you very much." I once again bowed and decided to leave quickly or else they'll chase me and... 

"SHINWOO COME BACK HERE!!! COME ON GIVE US A TREAT! WHY IS IT ONLY YOU WHO GETS A BONUS!?" My lazy co-workers chases me as I hastily mount my motorbike and leave. 

"Hooh~!" Well that was close. Another busy day, it is.

..............................................

I arrived home at exactly 7:50pm, exhausted. I threw myself to the sofa just to take a quick rest. I wanted to take a nap but as I soon as I hear a voice on the other side of the wall, I just wanted to relax as I listen the sweet voice of Gloria. 

I have no idea what she is singing, also because it is in Chinese, but I know the fact that, for me, she's got the loveliest voice that I've ever heard ever since I knew her. 

As soon as she stops singing I decided to get up and quickly cook a meal for dinner.

I wonder if she ate the brownies I gave to her yesterday. I hope she'd enjoy eating it. I could've at least put my number on the note but it may seem like that I'm hitting with her. 

I don't want to make it as obvious as possible.

Gloria's POV

It's been awhile since I ate the brownies and I still have two left in the fridge. 

Today is Wednesday and I haven't seen him lately in which I haven't thanked him yet as well. I wonder if he's doing okay? I seem to worry about him the last time I saw him. As for my condition, well..I'm pretty busy as hell.

.............................................

[2:10 PM]

"Anyways, do you have any questions?" The students stared at me without curiosity after my discussion. "Well I guess there are none--

"Teacher! Teacher!" My grade four student raises her hand. "Yes, Sophia?" I directed her to stand. 

"Umm...uhh...D-don't you have someone you like?" Everyone in the class started to giggle as she asks the question. 

"Well that isn't related to the topic Sophia but if you are to ask me," I insisted as I haven't finished my sentence "I like all of you. You all make me smile when I see your happy faces everyday."