Chapter 3 - 42 days

Dear Moon,

It's been 42 days since you left me and I have yet to overcome the grief that haunts me every day. Somehow, it feels like it's getting worse with each day that passes. I've withdrawn from our mutual friends, from my and your family, from everything that reminded me of you. And yet, wherever I go, I can't help but to see you in every little thing. You're constantly with me, in my thoughts, even though you're not here physically. I think I'm also starting to hear your voice in my head, making witty comebacks or snarky remarks.

I'm thinking of moving away for a little while. Just enough to let my heart heal. Don't worry though, I won't abandon you. I would never do that. I'm forever yours, just as you were forever mine. But I just can't sit around and slowly wither away, no matter how much I want to see you again. I think that you would want this for me. I think that you would want me to heal, to start anew. You were always the selfless one in our relationship, even though you were the one hurting.

But yeah, I was thinking of moving to Asia and discover the continent before finding some place to settle down. I hear that there are a lot of wonderful countries there, with a lot of different cultures. Your dream was to one day travel the world. Now that you're not here to do it yourself, I will do it for you. And hopefully my heart will start to heal on the journey.

I think I hear someone knocking on the door now. It's probably one of our friends. They're still persistent, even though I've been pushing them away and blocking everyone out. I don't want to open the door. No part of me wants to have a conversation with another human being. You were the only one I could have an interesting conversation with. The other friends were just because I didn't want to be lonely. But now I do.

The knocking has stopped now. I think they finally gave up on me. Which is good for them, because I'm a lost cause without you.

Until we meet again,

Sun