(4) Reborn

I grabbed the rubbery material that encased me and ripped it with ease. One of the men in suits dropped the bag which caused my head to knock the ground.

"Holy shit!" screamed the man in suit

The other guy also dropped me, once he realized the situation.

"I thought you said he was dead?" Exclaims the man who dropped me first.

The other man didn't answer as he was too shocked witnessing someone returning to the land of the living. I crawled out of the bag and stood up. I smirked at the men to show intimidation.

It worked out well, especially when one of them pulled out a gun and aims it at me. My expression changed entirely. I wasn't ready to get killed again. Especially, when I just returned back to life.

"You move and I'll shoot" said the man.

"They can't kill you that easily" whispered by someone. I glanced at my back to see the person, but there was nobody. Just an empty hallway. I focused my view back to the men who're about to shoot me.

I was able to tell that one of them was nervous about the while situation. Somehow, I managed to hear whispers of their thoughts. The whispers were too soft to comprehend, but some were understandable.

Things like "We're about to die" and "I don't get paid enough to do this shit" were very interesting. Time also had slightly slowed down. Slow enough that I can clearly see the sweat from one of the men dropping to the ground.

I knew I had to fight and there was no other way to go. Other than jumping through the window and falling to my death, I rather fight to the death for my survival.

I hastily zigzagged the hallway to the men. Time seemed to returned back to normal. The adrenaline kicked in, and I was running at full speed in just a few seconds. In fact, I was running way faster than I usually could.

The man with the gun had a hard time pointing it at me. My inhuman speed even made their eyes confused of my position. I was quite surprised that they haven't shot at me yet. Even after disobeying the man's order.

Once I was close enough to them, I clenched my fists to increase my strength and let out an uppercut to the chin of the man with the gun. The man fell to the ground, along with his pistol. I guess they weren't as tough as I thought they were.

The other man stared at me with a horrid look. I guess he was also surprised of how strong I was. He reaches for his gun and aims it at me. He fired his gun just before I could react to it. I raised my arms to try and stop the flying bullet from killing me.

I closed my eyes as I didn't want to see the gore that was about to happen. A dark force field appeared infront of me and stopped the bullet from reaching me. My whole mind went blank for a second. I could stop bullets with just my hands.

The man froze as the bullet falls to the ground.

"What are you?" Asks the man.

I grinned and grabbed his neck. He put up a pretty good fight before I lifted him off the ground with just one arm. His neck was sweaty and oily. He gave me a look of disbelief before a sound of cracking happened at his neck. The cracking sound echoed the hallway.

He felt like a feather while being chocked to death by me. I dropped the corpse to the ground and took his gun. I loaded the gun with a new magazine before shooting the other man in the head. The blood oozed out of his forehead like a fountain. I guess movies weren't as accurate as I thought they were.

Before leaving the building that they took me to, I grabbed their watches and phones before storming out of the place. They won't be needing the items anymore.

I was ready to avenge my death. Killing two armed men was just the beginning of a never ending blood bath.