Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meeting Him...

Elizabeth walked over to where the boy sat, she placed the two cups of tea on the coffee table beside them.

Elizabeth and her recently deceased boyfriend decorated this place together. The Living room had all white walls, a black leather sofa pushed up against the back wall to the right of the door, on the wall hug a picture of New York which went nicely with the room. The window to the right of the sofa, held a vase of beautifully placed lillies, the smell intoxicated the room but, it was a nice intoxicating smell. The window had black, silk curtains draped at either side, standing out from the white walls. The fireplace was placed directly opposite to the sofa, with a white fluffy rug in front of it, which had proven to be quite a tripping hazard when Elizabeth didn't watch where she was going.

The light, pine wood coffee table separated the sofa from the rug and fire place, so the heat was just right when she'd sit and watch TV during the winter. On the fire place, stood picture frames, containing pictures of Elizabeth, her boyfriend and her Parents, all in individual metallic frames, staring into the room to make it feel more like home. A large mirror hung about the fireplace, very fine detailed, the pattern of flowers in the metal work, silver with Jems covered the outskirts of the mirror, making it look quite expensive, when really she only bought it for around £10.

Her living room then lead into the dining area, a glass table with metallic legs to stand on. Also decorated by the same, beautiful white lillies that were also on the window. A glass chandelier hung above the table, it would often remind her of the time her parents where over for dinner, telling her she should take it down incase it fell and killed her, thinking of this made her smile to herself but she his her smile with a drink of her tea.

She looked to the boy, motionless, expressionless, still staring into the flickering flames that danced in the fire, she sighed softly as she edged slightly closer, examining his wounds.

She finally took up her courage.

"I'm Elizabeth. Elizabeth Swayde." She introduced softly.

The boy looked to her with now a soft expression, he was finally coming around, he looked like he was trying to find the right words to say to her.

"I'm Damon.... Damon Reed." He says hesitantly, as though he was deciding wether she should be trusted or not.

Elizabeth nodded and smiled.

"Pleased to meet you Damon. I should've said. I'm Detective, Elizabeth Swayde. You have nothing to worry about." She said with a sweet smile that perked up on her lips.

Damon's eyes widen, she couldn't make out wether it was fear, or just suprise. Damon cleared his thoat.

"A-a Detective? If she finds out she's going to kill me next time!" He rushed in panic, about to stand up, Elizabeth put her hand on his knee.

"Who is going to kill you?" Elizabeth asked in concern, her eyes now filled with worry, she searched his eyes, he looked like he was going to ball his eyes out right where he sat.

"Who is going to kill you Damon?" She repeats again softly.

Damon's bottom lip began to tremble slightly, tears began to cascade down his face slowly, he inhaled deeply and looked at her sadly.

"My mother..." He sobs, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging them tightly as he cried. Elizabeth was lost for words, she slowly put her arms around him, bringing him into a hug to comfort him.

'Oh god... I need to help him. His mother must be one phsyco to hurt him like this!' She though as he hugged her, sobbing into her shoulder.

"It's okay Damon... You're okay now. You can stay here until you're on your feet again okay?" She says, pulling away with a sweet, reassuring smile.

Damon nodded slowly.

"Thank you so much." He says appreciatively, his once bright blue eyes now darker with sadness, his eyelashes sticking together, mattered with his tears. He shakily took his tea and began to drink it, he took it slow, as though it was the last drink he would ever have. He looked so skinny, his body think and tall.

Elizabeth's brain was now working overtime.

'She didn't feed him, give him drinks and she beat him... What a b*tch! She thought as she watched him intently.

"You can help yourself to any food or drinks in the house. It's now practically your home too." She says with a shrug.

"How old are you anyway?" She asks with bright green eyes fixed on him, showing she was just interested.

Damon smiled and put his drink on the table beside them.

"I'm 21... I was living with my mother till I found a house. She still took it as a free pass to hit me. I wanted out ever since I was a child... Only when I saved enough money to move she took it from me... I'm working again but it's not the best job in the world." He explains, sorrow filled Elizabeth.

'That poor boy!' She kept thinking.

"Well Damon, as long as you're working and getting paid, that's all I thought of it as when I started working." She explains to him, receiving a greatful smile and nod.

"So... Any other relatives?" She asked, maybe they could give her more information about his situation at home.

Damon shook his head.

"No... I am an only child. My father walked out on me and my mother because he found another woman. I was left with my mother, everyone in her family wanted nothing to do with her before I was born." He says sadly, looking to her with a small twitch of his lips to one side, as though he was trying to push back the pain he felt.

"It's okay. You don't have to explain anymore. Get some rest and we can discuss what's happening tomorrow, okay?" She said, standing up and signalling Damon to follow. He obliged and followed her upstairs and into a spare room. The walls of the room where deep red, black curtains covering the window and black bed sheets. She pulled them back for him and turned on the beside lamp.

"I'll see you in the morning. Night." She hugged him, then slipped out of the door to her room.

She changed into her night clothes, a lime vest top and baby blue pyjama bottoms. She then slipped into her bed with ease, staring at the ceiling for a while before she finally fell asleep.

***********************************

Well... Damon... Seems like a horrible past!

But is he telling the truth?

Is it all lies? Or is some of it true?

Hmmm.... Well have to wait and see! Hope you guys like the book!

If I don't update again today I promise I will try tomorrow ;)

Kisses xoxox