Chapter 35

35

KANAN EXPLODED.

"W-What - he KNOWS I'm a -" he sputtered, his face beginning to turn bright red. He whirled around to face the others, particularly Sabine and Zeb. "HOW does he know I'm a JEDI?!"

Sabine flinched, startled. Zeb blanched and began to rub the back of his head. "Ah..."

"In order to get information on where the Empire was keeping you, Kanan, Ezra worked together with Chopper, Zeb, and Sabine to steal the Phantom, fly here, and deal with Vizago, against my direct orders," Hera informed Kanan stiffly. Apparently, she was still a little sore about that. "As a result, one or both of our Jedi now owe him a favor, as he said - and since Ezra is missing, that meansyou."

Kanan's eye twitched. His face had gone from red to a rather unflattering shade of maroon.

"IF THAT LITTLE LOTHRAT WAS HERE, I'D-" he shouted, but Sabine interrupted him by gently tugging him aside.

"Calm down, Kanan," she tried to soothe him. "You can whale on Ezra as hard as you like once we find him."

"CALM DOWN?! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT VIZAGO MIGHT HAVE DONE WITH THAT INFORMATION?! AND DON'T YOU PLAY THE INNOCENT WITH ME, YOU HELPED HIM TO-"

Hera tuned him out. "I'm sorry about that, Vizago."

Vizago watched Kanan continue throwing a fit with amusement. "Don't you fret, my dear Twi'lek. This is the most hilarious thing I have seen in a week, since Azmorigan's pants fell down."

Hera grimaced. As she'd had her own personal encounter with Azmorigan, that was not a very hilarious mental image to her at all. "I think we should arrange this little... favor where we can hear ourselves over Kanan." Indeed, they both had to raise their voices to be heard by each other clearly.

"AND YOU, ZEB - I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU! I MEAN, FROM THE TEENAGERS, SURE, BUT YOU-"

"Hey!"

Hera rolled her eyes and heaved a long-suffering sigh.

Vizago chuckled. "Of course. Come with me." He beckoned to her with one clawed finger, then turned and sauntered off towards his tent.

Hera sighed again and followed him. She should have known that going to make a deal with Vizago would give her a headache.