Chapter 17

So that night under the protection of Harry's cloak and an invisibility spell the five of us crept out the Gryffindor tower and down the stairs. Harry stifled a yawn and I realized we should try to hurry tonight. even though Harry and I hadn't had detentions with Umbridge for a bit we still had Quidditch and all sorts of homework. Hermione and Ron had prefect duties so Ron was behind on his homework and lost slept trying to do some of it. Even though Hermione was taking a lot of classes and had prefect duties she was able to accomplish it all, but I knew it took a lot out of her. Neville struggled with school every year and even though he was taking a Herbology elective he liked I knew he was struggling to keep up with his homework load and the material in his other classes.

Neville and I lead them to the entrance to the Room of Requirement. The door didn't appear when I thought about it being a large room. I wondered briefly if that meant it wouldn't work as a big room, but then I remembered that I often couldn't go into the room if someone else was I it. There were a few occasions when I had a hard time getting in to meet Neville, because I had to wish it to be the same room Neville was in. I supposed it could've been Blake in there, and if not I would try to just make it a room I already knew would work otherwise.

So now I just pictured it as whatever it was. I just pictured a multipurpose room being used for the best use. Suddenly a door appeared which made Hermione look impressed and Ron and Harry look excited.

I was confused and Neville looked confused, "What's happening?" he asked me, "It's never like this."

I shrugged then whispered, "I don't know what's happening right now, so just be cautious going in, I'll go in first but I'm still not sure what's happening or if someone else is in there."

The other three nodded and began to look as confused as Neville did as I slowly twisted the door knob and eased the door open. The room I was greeted with was as large as I would need it but it was dark, and it was filled with cauldrons, brewing something.

My father was in the center of the room stirring one of the potions but when he heard the door he drew his wand and shot a spell right at the five of us, all of whom were still invisible.

I quickly blocked it and took off the invisibility spell between blocking another attack, "It's just us," I said putting up my hands and taking a step forward.

He relaxed and put his wand away, "What are you doing here?"

I didn't get a chance to respond because one of the potions in the back exploded, "What's happening?" I asked him as we both rushed over to it, "There's got to be like 40 cauldrons brewing stuff right now."

"What does it look like?" he asked, "I don't want to be here all night, I had it down so that I could just go between all of them and have it work. I think I lost some time when you all came in. Help me get these back on schedule."

As I spit in the one cauldron with the spoiled potion I realized he was brewing more healing potions, specific for healing scars and replenishing blood. We both worked on the back row before we moved to the first row again and continued to brew the potions.

As we both relaxed and it seemed like all the potions were okay Ron asked, "Okay I'm still confused though, what's happening? I see you've got some sorta bonding thing happening while brewing these like 40 potions, but they all look the same. Also why are you doing this in the middle of night in the Room of Requirement?"

I laughed to offset Severus's glare and replied, "These are potions to help with the effects of Umbridge's Blood Quills. I don't suppose she'd be too happy if she learned you were actually helping students."

Severus scowled at me, "Well that's why I'm down here at 1 in the morning, now it's your turn to explain."

"Wait, Blood Quills?" asked Neville, "What's she got those for?"