the mafia angel 9

Ok sorry for the late uploads but I'm going to try to post a lot more now that I'm ungrounded!

The little blue plus sign wobbled as my eyes filled with tears. The pregnancy test fell to the floor from my numb fingers. This can't happen to me! Not again! I'm such an idiot! What will Colton say? Like he knew I had been thinking about him he opened the door and stuck his head in. "what are you doing sweetie?" he asked looking worried. "Nothing" I said to quickly as I tried to hide the test under the sink. Luckily he didn't notice. "Breakfast is ready, I made eggs!" he said before pulling me down the stairs. I barely got into the kitchen before the smell of eggs had me running to the sink. Colton looked worried and kept rubbing my back and whispering to me. "I'm taking you to the doctor, get dressed." He ordered. "No!" I nearly screamed but then added "I'm fine I just feel a little nauseous" I said. "I'm just going back to bed." I said before he could object. I ran up the stairs and curled into a ball in a restless sleep.

Later

"You have an assignment." Dad said. I already knew. Since I found out about the baby I've tried to avoid missions. I walked out of the building and drove straight to the new pickup spot. There were at least five guys and I had two with me but there was no telling how many in the car. As if on a silent cue all hell broke loose. I threw myself behind the door but not before I felt the stinging burn in my side. Shit! Bullets whizzed around me and I spotted my men in a pool of their own blood. As they advanced on me I felt more pain in my side. As I fell into darkness I heard the sweetest voice. Colton, then there was silence and I felt myself being lifted.

Colton pov

I paced back and forth in the hospital waiting room. I had never seen both our parents together in one place peacefully. Six hours. God please. I kept the screams in, barely. I would need them if she didn't pull through. But she had to pull through! I couldn't live without her, but I had seen the bullet wound. It was lucky I had gotten there when I did to call our men off, they're lucky I didn't kill them myself and they knew it. Her brothers paced next to me and sometimes they even stepped towards me, as if to beat me to a pulp. I welcomed them, anything to keep my mind off her, if that was possible. Suddenly the doctor came into the waiting room, his gown stained with her blood. The look on his face was grim and I fell to my knees sobbing. The screams came and I knew I was acting like a child but I couldn't help it. The doctor kneeled and looked me in the eye, I think he slapped me but I was to numb to feel it. "She's ok! I'm sorry I scared you but I need to ask you some questions." he said. I pulled myself together enough to lean against the wall. "She's not completely awake but she asked about the baby. Do you know how far along she is?" I fell to my knees again, completely stunned. Then it all became clear, the sleepiness, the nausea, and the nervousness. "She's pregnant!" I heard not only her dad but mine say. Then as if on cue Jaden came running towards me screaming 'daddy'.