Back to Anneliese's Story

The night of the dinner event in which Anneliese's hands swelled, Anna decided right then and there to begin attempting to contact an exorcist. She saw the amount of suffering that her daughter was enduring, and decided to try to find some form of relief or remedy. As stated above, Anneliese would be violently thrown down to the ground again, and again. She would stand up as quickly as she could, only to be forced down again. She would always pray the "Hail Mary", and during each time that she would recite this prayer, she would be repeatedly thrown to the ground, once again on her back and forced to stay that way. She could not protect herself from these falls, so she would very frequently injure her face and head. Anna would spread as many quilts and pillows on the floor as she could find, but "the devil is malicious", she would say. Anneliese would always land "just slightly" off or away from the quilts and pillows, on the bare ground. As a matter of fact, accepting that she would not be experiencing comfort anytime soon, Anneliese began to sleep on the stone floor of her home – something that would actually last 3 years.  

  What's shocking and even frightening to me to some degree is that even now, as of 2007, Anna Michel claims to still be dealing with the presence of some wicked entity in her home, though nowhere near to the degree that Anneliese did. She claims that whatever it is was "left over" from when all of this happens, and that even though weeks or months will go by with no signs of a presence, every so often, something will happen, just to remind her that "it's still there".