Ed Warren

According to Ed Warren, the late noted demonologist and assistant to exorcists of the Roman Catholic Church, in the book The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren, he also goes into depth in regards to the times of day and night when activity is strengthened or weakened. 

  "During infestation, the strategy of the demonic is to generate fear through incidents of inexplicable phenomena," says Ed. "Activity will be especially prevalent during the psychic hours of night, between 9 P.M. and 6 A.M., with the peak occurring between 1 A.M. and 5 A.M. The very first incidents of activity will tend to occur at exactly three o'clock in the morning. This symbolic hour, the 'high noon' of the demonic day, is chosen as a mocking gesture because it is in direct opposition to the traditional hour of Jesus' death. Once the initial infestation has taken place, then phenomena will tend to erupt at any time after the sun goes down. If the infesting spirit can draw energy during the daylight hours, activity may also go on during the day, though to a diminished degree.

Quite literally, invisible forces would throw Anneliese up against one wall, then slam her into another, then back again, over and over again. Her face and head were full of bruises in various stages of healing to the point where her skin was either very dark blue or black. Her eyes were so swollen that she could barely see anymore. Her teeth were broken and chipped from her multiple attempts to bite and/or eat the stones from either the floor she slept on or the walls of her room. Her body was literally so damaged that she was hard to physically recognize. I personally have a theory about this phenomena, however this is completely unsubstantiated. I am basing this off of something I read from Ed Warren, in which he was persistently questioned about what the demons he has physically seen actually looked like.

According to Ed Warren, the late noted demonologist and assistant to exorcists of the Roman Catholic Church, in the book The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren he also goes into depth in regards to a conversation he had with a possessing demon in which he attempts to find out what these creatures look like.

 The Voice: I do not choose to be here!

Ed Warren: Why did you come then?

The Voice: I am under the Power!

Ed Warren: Whose power?

The Voice: A white light!

Ed Warren: Describe yourself to me.

The Voice: No.

(The crucifix is then set in place, followed by agonized screaming by the possessing spirit.)

Ed Warren: Describe yourself to me!

The Voice: I must in truth tell you what I look like. I am wicked-and ugly looking. I aminhuman. I am vindictive. I have a horrible face. I have much gross hair on my body. My eyes are deepsunk. I am black all over. I am burnt. I grow hair. My nails are long, my toes are clawed. I have a tail. I use a spear. What else do you want to know?

Ed Warren: What do you call yourself?

The Voice: (Proclaiming) I am Resisilobus! I am Resisilobus!!

  And within the same book The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren 

Ed speaks of the demonic spirit showing itself only rarely in preternatural form. What does the demonic spirit look like? The question is an uncomfortable one for him to answer.

"Although the spirit can project itself in any form it chooses," says Ed, "its appearance is an abomination, a monstrosity. To see what's really behind the phenomenon is not something to be desired. To actually see the demonic is to feel ruin. What shows is something distinctly preternatural in appearance: something real enough as you see it, but yet something not of this world."

But what does it ultimately look like?

"Ultimately," Ed answers with great reluctance, "it is not human. It is inhuman. It has scales. It looks . . . like a reptile. That's it," he cautions. "I won't complete the rest of the image."