What do you believe ?

During her examinations by a doctor, they noticed what they described as "stigmata markings" on her legs. Her mother, Anne, also recalls noticing this as well, with the markings first appearing on her feet and then days later, on her hands as well. Anne claims that the wounds on Anneliese's feet were severe, while the ones on Anneliese's hands were also very serious but not quite as severe. At this time, Anneliese was tormented, demonically, literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There was no respite, no form of a rest. People who had seen her had seen Anneliese claim that she looked extremely emaciated and frail. It was revealed that at times, she would eat a banana, or would shout out for someone to give her something to eat. The priests witnessed Anneliese gobble down food at times as fast as she could and as much as she could, and they recall even one occasion where she drank 2 liters of juice. They actually believed that it was these binges that were keeping her alive and claim to have never thought that she would die of starvation. They also claimed that she had been like this for over a year, and had previously returned "to normal".

Anneliese claimed that "Something will change in July", which was not very far from when she made these claims. On July 1, Anneliese died in her sleep. The priests were not there at the time, and did not believe that she had actually passed away. They requested that Doctor Roth go to the home and confirm that this was indeed the case.

The family called their family doctor, and when he arrived, he pronounced Anneliese dead. He then, as was obligated by law, informed the public prosecutor's office that he could not say in good faith that her death was the result of natural causes.

The trial started in April of 1978, and will not be covered in this article because I completely disagree with it and think it was inappropriate in so many ways that I can't even begin to express it.

While I only decided to write this article to focus on the paranormal/supernatural parameters and strange occurrences which were experienced by many people throughout this ordeal, you can't help but to literally feel for this woman who sacrificed so much for what she believed to be the salvation of many. She put herself through a living Hell in this world to save others from an eternal hell in another realm. At the time of her death, she had signs of the stigmata, and on the whole, many of the case history presented above is mirrored in the life of the unofficial Saint Padre Pio, who went through the same diabolical torment and then the stigmata as well right before his own death. Without drawing conclusions, I will tell you that Anneliese believed with every fiber of her being that she was under siege by the devil. So did the priests who dedicated so much of themselves to try to help her, and so did her parents, siblings, and her boyfriend. This is a case that when reviewed in depth as I have, genuinely disturbs the psyche, and forces you to think. In reality, this article took me almost two weeks to write due to a combination of things such as research, constant reading, media hunting, and technological difficulties while trying to format all of the same media correctly. I also had trouble because for some reason, I was only able to write during the daylight hours which was compounded due to the fact that my job was interfering as well. Certain topics here just made my skin crawl, and I will tell you the truth, listening to that audio time and time again, it definitely messed with my head a bit, especially in my house, with its own paranormal infestation.

  After all has been said and done, all I ask, reader, is that you take the time to realize the gravity of what went on during this woman's life, and what she went through. If you are religious, please say a prayer for her. If you are not, at least try not to mock the people, like me, who do believe. And by all means, I truly apologize if you rad through this article and listened to the audio, and watched the video at night. You have my genuine apology for that. In closing, all media which was included in this article is available, upon request. Everything that can be said about this case has been. In the end, I guess the only question left to ask is, "What do you believe?"