Chapter 4: Opposed Advent

♪♪♪
Please speak softly
for they will hear us
And they'll find out
why we don't trust them
♪♪♪

"Thank God you called. Where are though?"

"Wait. Okay. I'm here right behind you. - - I'm trying to park Christina, my car."

I turned around and a poor Arlan fronted me with his red car. I don't know how he had his liscense when we were in high school were in fact he find hardships in parking his car.

I smirked at him and said, "Get down."

I sincerely asked for Christine's permission for me to sit inside her.

I parked Arlan's car. Because if I didn't, its 12 midnight and his still inside his car or maybe his gorgeous car will turn into farce.

*crk! crk!*

The dusty ground cracked a little!

No, not a little but bigger! And,

"Azthryd! The ground! It's cracking!"

I looked around but the cracks only appears where our cars were parked.

After few seconds passed, the cracking stopped.

"Thank God! My Christine is safe! Maybe we should move it to the other space here before this ground continue to crack. Ang ganda ganda pa naman ni Christina." Arlan said with his voice full of concern, not to me but to the car.

As we stepped towards Gabriel and Christine,

*Blop!*

"T-teka. The-the.. the ground is b-boiling Arlan."

"No. No. No! My car!" Nagsumigaw itong si Arlan.

*Blop! Blop! Blop!*

Arlan, with all his best chase after Christina and Gabriel but I pushed him backward instead because his life might be in danger if I didn't did that.

"Get off! I have to save my car" Arlan shouted, trying to pull me off of him. But I just hold him tighter than before.

The ground continued to boil and boil with our car shaking on top of it. And the ground then swallowed our weak cars.

"My caaaaaaaaaar!" He uttered, with his almost teary eyed.

I pulled him harder making us fell on the rough ground.

"Why don't you help me catch our cars instead of crazy pulling me up huh?!" He seemed to be really annoyed to me with his tone of asking.

"It's just a car Arlan! There are lots of cars in these world but my bestfriend is only one. Why can't you understand that?"

Arlan just gave me a glance but that glance was faster than the light. After that, neither Arlan or me ever tried to speak. Until a strange sound secluded our auditory nerves.

*Dong!*

Breaking the silence between Arlan and I,

"Sounds like a gigantic grandfather clock." I, making the newest conversation.

*Dong!*

Arlan's narrow eyes roam around and said,

"Azy. What made you to took yourself in this strange place?"

*Dong!*

"Attention. Attention. All freshmen students, please proceed to the Hall now."

The ever British accent words echoed in my ears, telling me to walk fast, same time when Arlan's eyes meet mine, commanding me to do what I heard. It's like a base-line on half time, holding down the resounding of loud groove, making the spinning of Earth on it's axis stop like the way the reverse clock acts when it looses it's energy source for rotating.