Chapter 3: Syncopated Heartbeat

Summer

After a while I left Dallas' house and went back home. We got into this big argument about how I should trust her and what she saw. I mean I do, it's just that I wasn't there to witness it myself, and Josh wouldn't own up to it obviously.

I throw my stuff down on the bed and start my water. A few minutes pass and an alert on my phone goes off. Its an unknown number. Opening the text I read this:

"Hey this is Demi..I was checking to see if you were okay. I stole your number out of Dallas' phone..so don't think I'm weird or anything..

I laugh and reply back:

"Yea I'm okay and I'll save your number... p.s....I also don't think your weird! lol"

Less than a minute I get a text back saying she'll save my number and she's happy I don't think she's weird.

Throwing the phone on the bed, I cut off the water and get in the tub.

****

(Two weeks later)

I am officially newly single and ready to mingle. Josh and I called a quits and decided that were better off alone. Today Dallas, Demi, Marissa, and I are going to Destin, Florida.

I pack my bag for the three-day vacation and head to Dallas' house.

Demi

I'm so excited to go on this trip today! Not only do I get time off, but I get to spend it with Summer! Every since her breakup,and fight with Dallas, Summer and I have been getting extremely close. We text and see each other all the time. Its still awkward some times because I get so nervous and clumsily around her, but I enjoy her company. I get my clothes packed and set them in the living room. Suddenly I hear a knock at the door. I grin like a little kid thinking its Summer and open it. To my disappointment it's only Marissa.

She notices my smile vanish and states " I bet you thought I was Summer." she grins mischievously.

" Yea I did thanks for letting me down". I murmur as Dallas walks into the kitchen.

"Hey Marissa, I thought you were Summer." She states with a smile.

Every since Summer and Dallas got into that altercation they haven't been as close as they were before which is okay with me because that gets me a chance to get closer to Summer.

Some time passes and were chatting in the kitchen when we hear someone ring the doorbell. I casually walk to the door and open it. Immediately I am blind sided with a hug from Summer.

"Hey Sam." I muffle through her shirt.

I call her Sam because her name is Summer Allison Marino.

" Hi Demi!" she replies then goes to hug Dallas and Marissa. We pack all our stuff in the car and head to the airport.

****

Summer

We make it to the airport and board the plane I'm sitting next Marissa and Dallas and Demi are sitting together. We're into the ride about an hour or so when Marissa gets up to use the restroom, I was a little upset that she got up because I was using her as a pillow. While Marissa was in the bathroom guess who came and sat next to me . Demetria. I stared at her waiting for her to look at me. She glanced at me out of the corner of her eyes. She smiled as our eyes met.

"What do you want Demi?" I ask acting like I was annoyed.

"I was just saying hi" she says smiling.

"Okay well since your here your gonna be my pillow." I lay my head on her shoulder. I can hear her heartbeat slow and steady. Surprisingly our heartbeat matched. She didn't move an inch the whole time I was laying on her.

Marissa came back and gave Demi and I look and sat with Dallas. Demi finally moved and wrapped her arm around my shoulder and I fell asleep.