/Kapitel Acht/

Kaneki's plan was simple, Tsukiyama would go out into the town and recruit all of the ghouls in sight. He would invite said ghouls to the 'restaurant' and those ghouls would tell their friends and those friends would tell their friends. The cycle continued until the date they would all meet. 

It is easy for ghouls to find other ghouls but hard for humans to distinguish. Kaneki, even though he was a ghoul himself, was still finding this incredibly difficult, that is why he had to trust Tsukiyama wouldn't betray him. It might seem stupid to you, the reader, that Kaneki would attempt to put faith in such a person, but what choice did Kaneki have at the time? Kaneki, with his strong sense of responsibility, simply was not going to allow himself to leave the Phantomhive manor without at least helping them in their task. It was against his code to do so.

Kaneki planned to be the 'meal' as he had been the last time. The only difference between this time and that time is that Kaneki was not the one to be drugged, it was the ghouls who were attending. This was to be a massacre. Why would Kaneki accept to such a thing? That seemed even less like him.

Well, why do humans wage war? 

With any cause, a person is willing to do what they feel they must.

It is no different for Kaneki, if we can even call him that anymore.

Kaneki is changing. He may still be rejecting his ghoul self, but not for long. Just because Kaneki does not wish to eat humans, does not mean that he will not eat ghouls...

Everything was set to go. Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis would not attend this event because the ghouls would sense they were...different. Instead, the two stayed at the manor and waited to hear back. Ciel had no problem letting Kaneki do all of the dirty work, to him it was not different from letting Sebastian do everything. Kaneki was his under-butler at the moment anyhow. It didn't matter to him whether Kaneki was a ghoul because he believed that Sebastian was still the strongest being in existence.

Kaneki was waiting behind the door to the stage. Tsukiyama had found an old theatre to host this event in, it was actually quite beautiful, except for the reason in which these ghouls were here. Kaneki shuddered as the memories of the past flooded him.

This time was different.

This time he was different.

This time...it was not him that would be hurt, but them.

No, Kaneki did not want revenge, he just wanted the satisfaction of knowing he was safe. The satisfaction of knowing that he was saving other humans like himself from the monstrous ghouls. Kaneki promised to himself that with ghouls, like humans, there are bad ones and there are good ones...and the bad ones must be purged. Kaneki was hungry, the ghoul in him was calling out for human flesh, so of course, he was not thinking clearly. That much could be seen at the roots of his head, for his black hair was beginning to change to the purest shade of white.

Kaneki himself had not noticed this, neither had Tsukiyama, the change was so minimal that it was barely there at all...but that doesn't mean it was not happening.

"And now I introduce to you," Tsukiyama's voice could be heard from behind the door, "our main course..." That was Kaneki's cue to open the door and walk out. The ghouls were confused about why there was a ghoul standing there, with a mask on his face, like everyone else. Kaneki smiled beneath the mask and unzipped the front to reveal his expression.

"You," Tsukiyama finished enjoying the expressions on all of the ghoul's faces as they realized that the coffee which they had been offered had been drugged. Where did Tsukiyama find all that coffee? From the cafe that Finny had mentioned to Kaneki, however, Kaneki still hasn't visited said cafe yet.