Chapters 3+4

Chapter 3

Kimberley's POV:

I pulled back abruptly and looked at Cheryl, she looked almost disappointed when I pulled back. She looked into my eyes and gave me a smile, a true Cheryl smile. I returned it, and said “We should go...we have sound check in a few hours..and we've kinda forgotten to get dressed.” She laughed, her melodic tones filling my ears and flushing out any thoughts that lingered in my head.
“Oh well,” she smirked, “Let's just go in our pyjamas...we can get changed inside.” She said, taking my hand and pulling me down the stairs, barely leaving me enough time to grab a change of clothes for each of us as we passed our beds. She stopped by the door and slipped on a pair of UGG boots. I stared at her, barely concentrating on tying the shoelaces on my trainers. I got up and took a step towards her, reaching out and taking her hand in mine. I handed over the clothes I had picked up for her, she smiled at me, again showing her beautiful dimples to me...and only me.
“Come on,” she said opening the door, and tugging at my hand, “Let's go and kick some butt!”
I giggled, barely managing to reply as she pulled me from the bus and sprinted into the venue.

A few minutes later we arrived at the dressing room that we would be sharing. The 3 other girls stared at us intently, turning to each other and smiling at one another.
“Why are you out of breath?” Nicola piped up as she took in our red faces.
“Because....we.....just...ran...all....the...way...here!” I managed to reply, wiping my face and slouching into a soft leather chair. Cheryl came and perched on the armrest, breathing steadily. I pulled her onto my lap and hugged her from behind, I could almost hear her smiling.
“Are you sure that's the only thing you've been doing?” Sarah asked, grinning. I glared at her, my eyes saying 'Unless you want a third bruise on your head, you better shut up!'  Hilary burst through the doors, interrupting my stare, and looked at us, she smiled at all of us in greeting and said “You two might wanna get changed now, we have a thing called..sound check that we have to be doing.” I nodded and slid Cheryl from my lap. She looked at me sadly, and disappeared behind a curtain to get changed.

Chapter 4

Cheryl's POV:

Sound check seemed to move slower than usual. It was the same...but different, it may have been because I couldn't get Kimberley out of my head. Ever since this morning, on the tourbus....if Nadine hadn't shouted at us...what would have happened..we were going to kiss...I wanted to kiss her and she wanted to kiss me. Wow..
“Earth to Cheryl! Anybody in?!” I was rudely interrupted from my thoughts by a hand waving in front of my eyes, Nicola smiled at me, giggling at my bewildered expression.
“Hilary said we can go, we have 2 hours before we need to get to hair and make up.” She said sweetly. I nodded and looked around for the others...or more specifically the goddess known as Kim.
“The others left already, Kimberley's gone back to the bus, and Sarah and Nadine have gone to lunch. I'm just about to go join them... you can come if you want to.” I shook my head lightly,
“Um..no thanks. I think I'm gonna go lay down on the bus, I need to talk to Kim about something...”
She nodded and smiled, turning around and throwing a casual wave goodbye in my direction. I smirked and set off in the direction of the bus.

I pulled open the bus door and climbed up the steps, looking around the lower part of the bus as I did so. I closed the door quietly behind me and started to make my way up the stair case to the top of the bus.
“Kim?” I called softly as I continued up the stairs, listening carefully for any movement.
“Hey Chez!” She called back to me, her voice made my knees go weak. I climbed the rest of the stairs quickly, and peered round the corner to see her relaxing into the plush material of one of the sofas.  I move towards her, sinking down beside her and smiling.
“Me feet are killing me!” I murmured, “And that was only rehearsal!” I groan at the thought of the pain that I will be feeling at the end of all this, Kim giggled.
“Yeah, but once you get in front of those amazing fans of ours, you'll forget about the pain.” She said, her eyes staring kindly into mine. I cuddled into her, resting my head on her shoulder. I could feel her shift slightly, I looked up at her and smiled. She grinned back at me, taking my hand and holding it gently in hers. I gazed deeply into her eyes, suddenly aware of how close we were to each other. I could feel her warm breath blowing onto my lips. I broke contact to look at her full, gorgeous lips. My eyes roamed over her face until they once again reached her eyes, her expression changed to one of desire. I found myself moving towards her, tilting my head up until it was directly in front of hers. I moved closer, my lips almost touching hers. I paused, waiting for her to pull away, but she didn't. She moved forwards and hesitantly took my bottom lip between hers. I smiled, kissing her back passionately. She parted my lips with her tongue, capturing mine in an intimate dance. I suddenly remembered that I needed to breathe, I pulled away slowly, kissing her again several times breathlessly. I stared into her eyes and smiled.
“Wow..” I heard her say, I giggled.
“Yeah...you said it.” I replied before leaning in again.