Chapters 9+10

Chapter 9

Kimberley's POV:

"I said...I love you Kimberley." Cheryl says again, her gaze strong and a little unnerving. I stare back at her, unsure about what to do or say in reply. She looks away, obviously sensing my discomfort. Her hands find mine, taking them in a feather-light grip.
"I don't expect you to say it back Kim. I mean, I know we've been best friends for about 7 and a half years now, and your probably still in a relationship but..." I put a finger to her lips, cutting her off.
"Cheryl, I am not in a relationship. I broke that off before we went on tour. It just wasn't working and I didn't need any extra stress." I said, smiling softly at her. She returns it with her trademark dimpled grin, her eyes shining in the moonlight. I place my palm against her cheek, and use my free hand to push a few strands of hair from her eyes. I kiss her tenderly on the lips, just brushing over them with my own. I pull away slowly, a smile taking over her lips once more. I take her hand in mine again and pull her up from the now cold stone wall.
"C'mon," I say, "Let's go to my place." I give a small wink and flash a suggestive smile, before walking in the direction of her car, leaving a very dazed Cheryl behind.

***

The car ride home seems longer than ever. It's filled with longing glances and lingering touches. The radio plays songs of forgotten and forbidden love, but neither of us notices. I look out the window, smiling as the familiar roads flash by. We pull up at my house, the radio cuts off quickly as Cheryl turns off the engine. We get out of the car, and walk up the path. I unlock the door and push it open. We both walk through, and I turn to close the door. Cheryl presses me up against it, her lips kissing mine passionately. I smile and kiss her back as we begin the long ascent to my bedroom.

***

Cheryl's ragged breathing fills the silence, as she falls back against the soft white pillows. Her toned body glistening with sweat. I lay watching her as she slowly regains her composure. Her head turns towards me, a soft smile adorning her perfect lips. I pull her towards me, wrapping my arms around her naked stomach, and resting my chin atop her brunette locks. I stroke the smooth skin around her naval. I take a deep breathe and whisper the five words I know she's dying to hear.
"I love you too Cheryl."

Chapter 10

Cheryl's POV:

"You do?" I whisper, my voice catching in my throat. I lift my head from her chest to look deep into her eyes.
"I do." She says, placing a soft but tender kiss on my lips, her fingers tangling in my hair as she does. I smile softly and kiss her again.
"It's a good thing we don't have to work tomorrow." I mumble, as we slip under the sheets in a passionate embrace.

***

I woke up slowly, revelling in the glorious warmth of the suns rays against my clammy skin. I open one eye, gently taking in the bright room before me. Kim leans against the open door, dressed in a bikini top and a tiny pair of shorts.
"Morning sleepy head." She smiles, her arms resting on her hips. I sit up, holding the thin sheet against my naked body.
"Morning gorgeous." I yawn, watching as she giggles quietly.
"Get dressed hun, it's really hot outside and I thought it would be fun to relax outside." She says as she turns to walk out of the room.

***

I snuggle into Kim's half naked body, enjoying the slow sway of the hammock and the gentle breeze it creates.
"Cheryl?" Kim says, her voice soft in the harsh heat. I look up at her face and smile.
"Yeah babe?" I reply, stroking the smooth skin of her arm.
"What are we? I mean...I think we're a little beyond friendship now." Kim says with a nervous chuckle. I smile at her, casually raising an eyebrow.
"Well," I said, grinning broadly, "Kimberley Jane Walsh, will you be my girlfriend?" She smiles, jokingly pulling a surprised face. I giggle softly. She raises a hand to my cheek, caressing it gently.
"I would be honoured Cheryl Ann Tweedy." She replies, kissing me gently on the lips. I kiss her back lovingly, pulling away when a thought pops into my head.
"You know what we gotta do next right?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. Kim shakes her head, confused.
"There are three very important people who have to know..." I say, smiling sheepishly. She chuckles lightly, putting on a deep voice she says, " Commence Operation: Telling The Girls!"