Chapters 11+12

Chapter 11

Kimberley's POV:

“Are you nervous?” I ask, taking Cheryl's hand and squeezing it gently.
“Nah. I think they'll be happy for us.” She replies with a comforting smile. I stretch my lips into what I hope is a convincing smile. It obviously isn't. Cheryl wraps her arms around my waist and kisses me fiercely on the lips. I kiss her back tenderly, wrapping my arms around her neck, pulling her closer. I part her lips forcefully with my tongue. She groans softly. The shrill ring of the doorbell forces us to part reluctantly. Cheryl smirks, her eyes dark and twinkling with desire.
“Just wait until they leave.” She whispers as she moves to open the door.

***

“So what's this really important thing you wanted to talk to us about?” Nadine asks, sipping the large glass of wine in her hand. I look wearily at Cheryl, who grins softly and takes my hand.
“Well,” She says slowly, letting the words roll off her tongue. “Kimberley and I are together.”
Three jaws drop simultaneously, causing Cheryl to giggle quietly.
“You mean together as in a couple? Like girlfriends?” Nicola stammers, blue eyes wide with shock. I nod, squeezing Cheryl's hand tightly. Suddenly Sarah cheers, a great high pitched whoop that causes us all to jump. Nadine and Nicola turn to each other, and sigh, both shaking their heads. Pulling out a £20 note from their pockets, they both grudgingly hand it to Sarah. I cock my head to the side, confused.
“What are you doing?” I ask, smiling a little.
“We've had a bet going since that Pap took a picture of you kissing. I bet you would eventually get together, and those two bet that you wouldn't.” Sarah answers casually, leaving me and Cheryl to stare at them with raised eyebrows.

***

“Bye girls.” I call, watching as they stagger drunkenly down the drive into the waiting taxi. I close the door, giggling quietly to myself as I hear Sarah begin to sing I kissed a girl by Katy Perry. I walk into the living room, collapsing onto the sofa with a sigh. Cheryl struts over to me, straddling my thighs in a swift movement.
“Hey gorgeous.” She slurs, placing a loving kiss on my lips. I immediately deepen it, pulling at her clothes in an attempt to get closer to her.
“Slow down babe. We've got all night.” She says with a wink.

Chapter 12

Cheryl's POV:

3 Weeks Later

"Cheryl." Kim says, stroking my hair. I murmur a response, sleepily wrapping my arms around Kim's waist and resting  my head on her chest.
"Babe, I've been thinking. And I'm tired of keeping us a secret. I mean I know the girls know. And our families know. But it's not enough. I'm tired of hating every one that looks at you in a remotely loving way, which means I hate a lot of people," She says chuckling. "I want the world to know that your mine." I listen to Kim's words silently, lifting my head to stare deep into her eyes.
"I am yours Kimberley. And I will only ever be yours." I whisper, pressing a soft kiss to her bare shoulder. She looks down at me, her eyes filled with love.
"Cheryl. I want to go public."

***

"Are you serious?!" Hilary exclaims, throwing her arms in the air. I rest my hand on Kim's knee, gripping it tightly. She offers me a weak smile in return. I turn my attention back to Hilary.
"We know how this could affect the band. And we've thought long and hard about it. We've talked to the girls and our families about it, and they are all happy for us to proceed with this. And we figured that you could either release a statement or we could go and snog each others faces off in front of the paparazzi. And as much as I would love to do the latter, I don't think it would be appropriate." I can't help but giggle as I say the last part. Hilary stares at me with hard eyes, sighing deeply.
"So you really are in a serious relationship? With each other?" She agitatedly askes, to which we both nod. She sighs again and shakes her head.
"I love her Hilary, and apparently she loves me too. And we don't want to hide it anymore." Kimberley says, placing her hands over mine and squeezing them gently. Hilary nods.
"Okay. I can see that you truly mean it. And I will write and release a statement as soon as I can. But when it hits the press..I want you to try and avoid going outside..just keep a low profile." She says seriously, punctuating every word. Kimberley's lips stretch into a wide smile, to which mine immediately follows.
"I think that can be arranged Hils." I say, winking at Kim.