chapter 9

"As it turns out, Regina really can't just get her in," Killian told Graham a few days later.

Killian starts again after contemplating for a while, "How do we get Emma into NYFA?"

"Dude, do you even know she belongs there? I mean, can she even sing?"

"David said she can," Killian told him.

"But you've never heard her?"

Killian shook his head. "I bet she's amazing, though," he said. "And I know she can dance."

"Your faith in the almighty Emma isn't going to get her in anywhere," Graham told him. "Is everyone down for the club tonight?"

Killian nodded. "Yeah, they said they were. I think Mary Margaret's more excited about seeing David than anything."

"That's sort of weird," Graham said, turning around in the mirror and admiring his muscle tone. "I didn't think she'd go for a guy like that."

Killian frowned at the book he'd been studying from before Graham had come over. "I didn't either. Think it'll be okay?"

Graham shrugged. "David seems pretty smitten too, so I think it'll be alright."

"Speaking of smitten, did you ever convince Belle to go out with you?"

Graham grinned at his friend through the mirror. "Of course I did," he said. "I just used the ol' Graham charm."

"Did you bribe her with something?"

"Shut up, dude," Graham said good-naturedly. "I told her I'd quit calling her if she went out with me," he admitted after a minute.

"So you just harassed her until she said yes."

Graham shrugged. "She could have just changed her number."

Killian laughed. "You are definitely a glass half full guy."

Graham walked back to the bed and sat, nodding. "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

"Is she singing tonight?"

"Yeah," Graham told him. "Maybe Emma can sing with her and we'll see if you should even be freaking out about trying to get her in." He made a face. "Which you're really not going to be able to do. Just throwing that out there. Again."

"We'll see," Killian said.

"You should play tonight. Maybe they'll let me play too. We haven't in forever."

"Yeah," Killian said, looking longingly at his guitar. His whole life he had wanted nothing more than to play the guitar. But he grew up, changed his goals. He was going to be a doctor now, and that was way better. That's what everyone told him, anyway.

Emma knocked on the door and then walked in. "Hey handsome," she said, sitting on Killian's lap and kissing him. Killian held her to him, his tongue sweeping into her mouth. His hand was on its way under her shirt when Graham made a loud noise.

"Hey Graham," Emma said sheepishly, looking over at him.

"It's about time you acknowledged my presence, woman," Graham said, flexing. "Notice anything different?"

"Your shirt's too tight?" Emma teased, grinning.

Graham pouted. "Really? You think it's too tight? Should I change?"

Emma laughed, shaking her head. "It looks fine. I was only kidding." She looked back at Killian. "Are you still riding to the club with me?"

"Yeah," he told her, kissing her again. He couldn't seem to help himself. "Are we still taking your bike?"