chapter 10

"Okay, okay, everyone calm down," Belle said into the mic. "It's time." The crowd cheered and she nodded. She squinted and looked into the crowd, her eyes landing on Emma. "Emma Swan, you get up here!"

Emma laughed, looking at Killian. "Go," he told her, pushing her forward as the crowd parted to let her through.

She made her way to the stage, finally reaching it and hugging Belle. Killian was pretty sure the girlish scream that could be heard by the stage was actually Graham. The two women talked for a moment, and then Belle turned around and said something to the musicians.

"We're going to sing Beautiful Liar," Belle told the crowd, which went wild. "I know, I know. You love it."

Killian pulled his phone out to record the song, planning on showing it to Regina later if it was any good. When the music started, he was mildly uneasy. What would he say if it wasn't good? What if she was awful? Could he lie? Would Graham let him? Probably not. He suddenly wished that he was anywhere else.

When she started to sing, all those thoughts flew out of his head. Damn, she was good. He watched as she and Belle sang, realizing that even though he'd never heard the song it was now his favorite song in the world. If he could have taken his eyes off of her, he'd have found Graham drooling by the stage. He would have also probably realized that he was drooling a little himself.

By the time they got to the end, Killian had fallen in love all over again. He'd never seen this side of Emma, and she blew him away. Her voice had hit him in the chest, taking his breath away. When the song was over, he realized that he was cheering with the crowd. Emma smiled and looked out at him, winking.

Graham made his way over to Killian as they started another song, almost crashing into him. "Dude, she's amazing," he said.

Killian nodded, watching her. "I can't believe I've never heard her sing before."

"She's been holding out," Graham said. "You going to send it to Regina?"

"Hell yeah," Killian said, looking down at his phone. He quickly sent the video to her before looking back up at Emma. "I can't stop looking at her," he told Graham.

"Me either, man," Graham said, staring dreamily at Belle.

"You going to talk to Belle after the club closes?"

"Yeah. I need to go home and study, but it's Belle French, you know? How many opportunities am I going to get in my life to hang out with her?"

Killian shrugged. "You may get lucky."

"I'm already lucky," Graham told him seriously.

Killian knew the feeling. It was hard to believe that almost getting hit by a motorcycle had turned into the best thing that had ever happened to him. She sang a few more songs and then put her mic up, the crowd yelling for more. "Come on now, let her get back to her man, let the girl breathe," Belle was saying as Emma walked off the stage.

Killian opened his arms when she got to him, hugging her tightly. "You're amazing."

She looked up at him. "You really think so?"

"You should already be on Broadway," he told her. "I can't believe how great you sound."

"Thank you," she told him, smiling widely. "I was worried you wouldn't like it."

"I was too," he told her honestly. She laughed and he shook his head. "I was going to light myself on fire as an excuse not to talk about it if you'd been bad."

"Good thing you liked it then," she said.

He nodded. "You saved my life."

"It's what I do."

"Yeah," he said, looking down at her, no longer teasing. "I think you probably do." He bent his head, kissing her.

Emma moved into the kiss, her mouth opening under his, her tongue dancing with his as his arms wrapped tightly around her. He pushed her against the back wall, his hands toying with the hem of her shirt. She moaned, her nails digging into his arms.

"Get a room," Graham said, bumping into Killian and reminding him where they were.

"Shit, sorry," he said, pulling away from her.

"I know where there's a room," she told him, taking his hand and leading him through the club and behind the bar. Several people tried to stop her but she just smiled at them and kept moving. Killian followed, scared and more than a little turned on. His lady meant business.

~~~~~~~~~

"Don't let go of me," she said shakily, trying to catch her breath. "My legs won't hold me up."

"Are you okay?" he asked huskily. "I'm sorry for being so rough..."

Emma shook her head, leaning against the crates and still trying to catch her breath. "Rough is good," she told him. "Rough is very good."

Killian grinned behind her, the hand not holding her up running over her back. "You're sure?"

She nodded. "Very sure." She stood, her legs still shaking, and turned to look at him. "What was that about?"

"I don't know," he admitted. "I just needed you."

She nodded, bringing his face down to hers for a kiss. "I needed you too."

"Can you stand by yourself?" he asked.

Emma nodded, leaning against the crates as he moved back to pull his pants up. He watched her as he did, his eyes roaming over her body. "You're beautiful," he told her. He bent, taking her jeans and pulling them up over her hips. When he'd finished with that he adjusted her bra, then put her shirt back down.

"Let's go to your dorm," she said.

"Really?"

She nodded. "You'll probably have to carry me to your room. You'll probably have to do most of the work. But I'm not done with you."

Killian grinned. "Sounds fair," he said, taking her hand and leading them out of the room. They left the club through the backdoor, hailing a cab.

Emma sat in his lap as they rode, kissing his neck and jaw, ignoring the cabbie. Killian slid his hand up her leg, clenching his jaw as he kept himself from moving any higher. He wasn't going to give the cab driver a show, especially with Emma as the star.

~~~~~~

When they finally got to his dorm, Killian felt like he was going to explode. Emma kept touching him, her tongue and teeth teasing him, her hands caressing him through his jeans. He kicked the door shut behind them, turning to grab her. "You're killing me," he told her, pulling her hips against his.

~~~~~~~~~~

He rolled over on the bed, pulling her with him. She kissed him deeply, then kissed his jaw.

"You're done with me yet, lass?" he asked, grinning crookedly.

"For now," she told him, laying her head on his shoulder. "But not for tonight."

"Promises, promises," he said, pulling the blanket over them.

----------------------------------
reviews are love x