Chapter 4

I wanted to run away from there, as fast as I could. I wanted to escape from his peripheral vision because my feelings had just committed suicide.

"Yeah, fire!" I said nodding my head, thinking about what he'd say next.

"You inspire me, you know?" He smiled.

Wait, what? Where did that come from?

"Sarcasm?" I smiled back.

"No, no. I mean, I've read your essays, you know? And it's amazing how beautifully you write, more amazing how you define love, have you ever been in love?" He said.

Subconscious: I will soon be.

(Heart races faster than a jet plane, firing adrenaline through me.)

"Ummm...Geez.... Thanks.... I .. no... does celebrity crush count?" I said trying, trying to make him laugh.

(I have a very bad sense of humour; no, I don't even think you can call it "sense")

Jake, is amazing, his eyes tell stories, his lips define happiness, his hair, I wish I could slide my hands through them, he looks perfect, with or without his glasses. He is funny, adorable, perfectly sculpted. He comes a little early to college everyday, way before our classes begin, he finishes talking to everyone, causing everyone to smile, spreading more smiles through that beautiful smile that he wears, that smile that I wish would someday be pressing against mine, Damnnnn that smile.

*comes back to reality*

"No a celebrity crush does not count!" He laughs.

"No, I don't think anyone will ever love me." I'm not saying this so that he would show sympathy. I mean it. I doubt if anyone who is sane will ever fall for me.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I mean look at yourself, you're beautiful, confident and smart! Why would you say that?" He says.

Funny, how a cute guy complimenting you can cause your happiness to grow to such extent.

"I regret saying that love is a waste of time, maybe you could teach me!"
He smiles.

I can feel my cheeks, they're hot, that's what happens to me when I'm nervous, I turn as red as an apple and I can feel my cheeks boiling.

"Teach you? What?" I says, gathering all my courage.

"Teach me how to write so beautifully, teach me!" He says.

"Now, you're just flattering me!"

"I'm not, trust me!!!"

"Hahaha. I'd love to teach you, except that I can't feel what you've felt." I smiled.

"That is true. You will help me, right!" He says so beautifully. His words are happiness to me, every interaction, every word we exchange, places a footprint on my heart and I'm scared that with every word, I'm falling even deeper, I'm falling for Jake.

"OF COURSE I WILL! THAT IS SUCH A STUPID QUESTION!" I half yell.

"I should get going, ummm. Are you coming?" He says.

"Yes, let's go!"

We walk to the bus stop and realize that our routes are the same. Maybe, we would be going home together after this. It is all like a dream to me, Jake, talking to me, going home together, I don't want to wake up if its a dream.

Soon, we became informal with our conversation, we became less strangers and more friends. We would go home together, fight like children, smile like crazy, and as for me, I loved like fools. I fell for him, slowly then all at once, I would crave for classes to end so that I could see him, watch words leave his lips, so that we could take that 5 minutes walk till the bus stop together and that 15 minutes ride home. It was so blissful seeing him talk, we would flirt at times, he was so good at it. We soon shared stories, secrets. But he never realized that I'd fallen for him, he never realized that he was making my heart tingle when he flirted, he flirted with everyone to make them smile. He never knew that one day when we were waiting for our bus to come, and when I asked him what he'd do if I had proposed to him, he smiled and said something cheezy, he never realized that I meant it. He never realized how I used to look at him when he slept during the classes (he sleeps like an angel). He just never knew how deep I fell, unfathomably deep.