It Was Fate

4 months later...

"And do you, Chris Well, take Heather to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Heather Parker, take Chris to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Chris smiled down at me, leaned in, and kissed me. I could hear applause from behind me. Chris's friends were the only ones that came. But I was glad to share this special moment with him.

One year later...

"What's the surprise?" Chris wined.

"You'll see! This is how I feel when you do this to me!" I snapped.

"Oh, I won't ever surprise you like this again."

I was giving Chris a huge surprise, blindfolded and all. We were driving somewhere special.

"Are we there yet?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Almost."

We arrived to a brick house. It was small, yet cozy looking. I took off his blindfold.

His eyes widened. "Is this..." He stopped.

Chris opened the door and stumbled out of the car. I smiled and got out with him. We made our way up to the house.

Chris hesitated for a second, then knocked. We could hear dogs bark and grunts from inside. The door opened. A lady in her late 40's stood there.

She cleared her throat. "May I help you?"

I saw a single tear run down Chris's face. "Mom?"

The lady's jaw dropped. "C-Chris? Is that my baby boy?"

Chris nodded and gave Mrs. Jessie a hug.

Mrs. Jessie looked at me. "Heather Parker? Are you guys married?"

I nodded.

I looked down at the bun in the oven. A couple more weeks and the boy will be in this wonderful world.

There was so much to tell. A new family to meet.

But at least I knew, it was fate.

Well guys, hate to break it to you but this was the final chapter. All done. I'm so sad! I didn't want this book to end!

Thank you guys for all of the love and support! And thank you guys for 260 reads!

Love y'all.