I. Oath

"On behalf of Fly Airlines, the flight crew would like to welcome you to Ninoy Aquino International Airport. We will be arriving at the gate momentarily. Please remain in your seats with your seatbelt securely fastened until the aircraft has come to a complete stop at the terminal gate..."

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag sa narinig. I'm back again at the Philippines after a long flight from Berlin. Hindi pa dapat ako babalik agad ngayon, I was supposed to have my victory party there pero hindi na kakayanin ng oras.

I need to go back to reality starting tomorrow, I barely even had enough sleep.

My assistant, Dolina was scrolling through my schedules. "I'm cancelling all your interviews today Ma'am."

I let out an exhausted sigh before nodding. "Thanks, Dolina. First day ko bukas, it's crazy how I still made it." I let out a small chuckle.

I rested my head on the seat, nakakapagod ang ganitong buhay, but it's somehow worth it. I've been doing this since I was young, matagal na akong sanay. After all, I am shouldering a huge responsibility for representing the Philippines in the World Junior Chess Championship. I'm lucky enough to be a participant, and it's a huge blessing that I won.

Mula noong bata pa ako, I was trained to participate in different chess competitions, I started of with national competitions until winning international competitions became normal to me. People said I was too impressive for a young gal, but all we need is just an extra push to become extraordinary.

When the plane landed, I giddily stood up from my seat and got my bag. My coach, Dolina and four of my body guards trailed behind me.

When we entered the airport, I was welcomed with flashing lights, there were a whole crowd of people, most of them were reporters and journalists. Cameras were everywhere, recording every move I make.

I was able to get through the sea of people by the help of my body guards and the security officers inside the airport.

Ngunit hindi ako nakatakas sa mga tanong mula sa mga ito.

"Miss Alice Gonzalo, what can you say about your opponent Pola Schmidt?"

"What can you say about the dating rumors between your brother and Gamira Ramirez?"

"Didn't you receive an offer from Eulogia Academy?"

"Is it true that you are the newest Stonewell elite?"

The question piqued my attention the most, I gave the reporter a smile, not wanting to answer his question. Hindi ko pa pwedeng ikumpirma sa mga tao ang totoo, it is not my job to do so.

But that rumor is right though.

"TALO nanaman, ang daya!" Pumalatak si Kuya at napailing, hindi ko mapigilang tawanan siya sa kanyang pagkatalo. I'm even surprised he made it this far, usually hindi siya umaabot ng tatlong minuto, but look at him right now, 3 minutes and 5 seconds ang tinagal ng laro.