Runaway

Olly's p.o.v.

I had stayed away from Kate's over the last few days as I feel a little awkward around her at the moment. I don't really know how I feel about her but I know that she does not have feelings for me, I guess we will just have to stay friends. Kate hadn't sent me any texts or tried to call I feel like we are falling apart and I couldn't let that happen that little family mean so much to me.

I met up with Ben today for a drink and explained what had happened with Sam the girl in Manchester and the fact that we keep texting each other. I also told him that things with Kate aren't looking good "Don't tell her about this Sam girl" he said to me as if he was trying to warn me "I already have" "We'll no wonder she is being funny with you, your sleeping with someone else" he said as if I was stupid "Your wrong we're not even together" I said he knows there is nothing going on "Olly she likes you" he said smiling at me. I left the bar a little bit confused Ben says Kate likes me and she doesn't like the fact that I have been sleeping with someone else but on the other hand she really didn't seem to care the other night when I told her, I don't understand women sometimes.

I got in and I had arranged for Sam to come down from Manchester so we could spend another night together, I hadn't told anyone she was coming down not even Ben. At 6pm the door bell rang and it was Sam, she came in and we talked a little. It wasn't to long before we were getting a bit frisky. My phone went off as she sat on my lap kissing me I tried to ignore it but it continued to call. I looked to see who it was and it was Kate, God dam it she can really pick here moments but I picked it up

"Hi Kate it's not really a good time"

"Sorry Olly but Freya wanted to know if you would help decorate the Christmas tree but ill tell her your busy"

"No wait give me an hour and I'll be there"

"She has to go to bed soon" she said

"I want to help her do it give me an hour please Kate" I pleaded

"Olly if you wanted to help her you would leave whoever you are planning on shagging alone and be here for her, it's her first Christmas without her nan and she wants you here. I thought you loved her" she sounded wound up and she hung up on me.

I looked at Sam "I'm sorry I have to go and do something, make yourself at home I won't be long" I said to her "Im just going to go you seem to have a lot going on and I'm not up for being messed around" she said to me. She left straight away and I went over to Kate's. I knocked on the door and Amelia opened it "They are in the kitchen eating some cookies they have made" she picked up her coat and left. I went into the kitchen "Olly" Freya screeched in a excited way, I went over and gave her a hug " I saved you a cookie" she smiled "Thank you sweetheart it's really yummy" I said taking a bite I turned and kissed Kate's cheek and then sat down a the table.

Freya pulled out all of the different tree decorations to put on the tree. Kate had a real Christmas tree that was placed near the open fire, she had already put the fairy lights on it. Kate sat on the sofa for a little while taking pictures of Freya and I decorating the tree and then she helped us decorate it. We spent ages filling the tree with lots of decorations and then it was time for the star on the top. I lifted Freya and she placed it on the top and Kate got a picture of us putting the star on. Once the tree had been decorated Freya had to go to bed "Night princess" I said as she gave me a cuddle.

Whilst Kate put Freya to bed I turned the main lights out and put the tree lights on and lit the fire, the room looked really nice. Kate came down the stairs and I handed her a cup of tea "So you decided to come" she hissed at me "Of course I did, are you mad at me for something Kate" I asked her as she hadn't said much to me the whole time I had been there "I'm just glad you choose Freya and not some random women" "Or are you glad I choose to come here so I'm not sleeping with a random women" I snapped back at her. We both sat in silence for a while and then I said "I feel like I'm loosing you Kate" "Loosing me" she said as if it was a question "It's just we have spent so much time together and it's been great but just lately I feel like we are two strangers who only really talk when Freya is involved. Don't get me wrong I love her to bits but I miss the times we had when she was in bed and we just chilled out and had a laugh". Kate sat up and moved forward so she was right on the edge of the sofa "I don't know what to say to you lately you've been so busy with the album release and everything else you have to do I just feel like when your here your never really here" "So your blaming my career" I laughed "It's not funny Oliver". I didn't really understand why she was getting so mad at me and then what Ben had said to me about Kate liking me hit me. I pulled Kate close to me and we just laid on the sofa for a while she had her head resting on my shoulder and her hand draped across my chest, we watched some tele. "Kate" I whispered "What" "This is what I miss", she looked up at me and smiled "Yer me too". I pulled her up so we were face to face and I put my nose near hers so our lips were just millimetres apart, I lingered for a few seconds before kissing her passionately.