Chapter Thirteen

Hearts on fire tonight, feel my bones ignite, it feels like war.

Do you know what it feels like... To be betrayed? Betrayed by the one you’ve loved for over a hundred years. Betrayed by that one person that you thought would never ever betray you. Yeah well, that’s what I felt like.

*A few hours earlier* 

Annabelle lay on her and Damon's bed, in their massive bedroom. She was reading a book, the first book of The Mortal Instruments series when she heard her phone buzzing, she raised an eyebrow and picked it up and then answered, "Hello?"

"Annabelle..." she heard Damon sigh on the other end, "Look, just come here, to The Grill, we really need to talk." Annabelle frowned, she knew that with his tone of voice, only bad could be following, she sighed, standing up, "Okay."

Annabelle knew what was coming, her and Damon had been fighting and barely talking, she picked up her jacket and went downstairs before speeding to The Grill. Upon looking up, she saw Damon and Katherine. Katherine was acting in a very seductive manner towards Damon, she was running her fingers over his chest, and at first, Anna didn't think that Damon looked interested. But when he leant down and kissed Katherine on the lips, her world stopped. Annabelle walked over to the pair, "So this is what you have been doing?! The doppelbitch! How could you?! After everything Damon!" Annabelle broke down, screaming at him.

"Annabelle, I'm sorry. I don't love you. I have never loved you. You were just a ploy, a back up. It was always Katherine..." Damon walked over to her slowly, a weird look in his eyes, he took his ring from his finger and slid it into Annabelle's hand as she could do nothing but stare at him. Annabelle was in tears, more hurt and betrayal passed through her then she could ever imagine. She never thought that Damon would hurt her this way, he had always been the one that she had trusted, the one that she loved, the one that she had spent every moment of every day with. But not this, this was insane. How he could do this to her was definitely something that she couldn't figure out.

Damon looked at her and reached his hand to her to touch her, "No!" she said, slapping his hand away hard. "You don't get to touch me, not anymore." Annabelle stepped back, throwing her's and Damon's rings on the ground, "I hate you. I hope you rot with her in hell," Annabelle started walking away and said, "I hope you two enjoy each other."

*normal time*

Annabelle was sitting in the Mikaelson mansion, her arms wrapped around her knees and her face buried into her legs, she was sobbing quietly. Elijah stepped into the living room and walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her instantly, "What's wrong?"

Annabelle sobbed into his shoulders quietly and mumbled, "Damon... He doesn't love me, him and Katherine..." she had troubles completing her sentences while sobbing, "The whole time..."

Elijah was holding her and he kissed her hair gently, "Trust me, this isn't Damon. He'll come around.

-

Sitting in Katherine's newly rented apartment, Damon looked up as she walked in, wearing nothing but a slinky robe, she walked over to him and straddled his lap. Damon growled and shoved her off, "Do not fucking touch me you slut," Damon stood up and looked down at her, "You ruined everything. Years of love and a happy relationship and you ruined it. I have no clue what is stopping me from ripping you to shreds."